1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Monoxide

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ilayis, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

So for the past week It has been very hard to get out of bed.Normally I get up at 6:00am and feel refreshed ready for the day,but lately I can barely get up at 10 after sleeping forever.Also a lot of people pointed out to me that I have bloodshot eyes every morning.I thought it was weird but never really thought about it,and everytime I wake up I always feel like I'm going to be sick.Well I was talking to my grandmother today,who is a home nurse,about those things and never put them together until tonight.I finally realized that none of those problems happened until my step-mother turned the heat on.Thats when my grandmother said that those are possible symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and that I should get my house checked out.

Since I am not dead,we already now that it is not going around the house in big amounts if it is carbon monoxide,but my grandfather is going to come over tomorrow with a meter and check it out,#1 PRIORITY!!!

2. Kibuki kid

Thats scary! Its a good thing your grandfather can check it out for you, its good that you are addressing the problem early because the long term effects of carbon monoxide poisoning (if it dosent kill you) are really bad, but i really dont think you need me telling you that! Anyway i hope they take care of it soon (dont turn the heater on!)

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It really is a good idea to get that checked out. Let us know what you find out.

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

oh i will becky

5. Louise

Certainly sounds like carbon monoxide poisoning to me, but if it isn't you need to get these symptoms checked out by your doctor. That, with the pains in your chest can't be good.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Until it's sorted keep your bedroom window open (if it's cold then use more layers on the bed or you). If the boiler or whatever burns the gas is not in your room then keep the door shut, if it is in your room then see if you can sleep somewhere else for now. Also make sure the flue or wherever the burnt fumes go out is not where they can come back into your room (such as on the wall underneath your window).

Do whatever you can to minimise your exposure to it as much as possible.

7. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Could well be CO. Low level but builds. If you don't smoke, you are more sensitive to CO too. Hey you are in the USA, get a CO detector($30). They now come separately or in combo with a smoke alarm. Always a good idea to have one in the house anyway. We have 3 one on each floor. CO doesn't concentrate in any one particular place as CO2 would, but mixes pretty much uniformly around a room or in a house. But definitely needs to be checked and as a precaution, close your door and open a window for sleep.

But get a CO monitor for the house.

8. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

thanks everybody,I my grandma already told me to leave a window open,lucky me i always lay my head by it,my grandfather should be here soon with the meter.

9. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

My grandfather just came over and put an alarm in my room.It stayed at zero,but he thinks that maybe its cause my step-mother turned off the heat.