1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will taking a pro-testosterone supplement (protodioscin) hurt me?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by maverick, Feb 4, 2011.

1. maverick

Okay, so I'm not really at the stage that I want to take T-shots or transition, but could taking a pro-testosterone supplement over-the-counter increase my natural levels of testosterone?

I am curious to try it. Can serious efforts be made to boost my testosterone levels naturally through herbs, diet and exercise, rather than jumping bureaucratic hoops to get approval for T-shots? Or am I wasting my time?

2. RedState

Most of the stuff out there at the GNC or health food store that claim to increase your test levels are really a bunch of crap. All of the good stuff that actually did work, which were classified as pro-hormones, were banned by the FDA a couple of years ago because they all converted into active steroids once they were metabolized in the body. Some supplements today may increase it slightly, but not enough to waste your money on them. And some of these can be extremely harsh on the liver.

I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about the transition protocol that a transgendered person goes through, but it would seem to me it would be best to go with what scientifically works (the T-shots...even though I do imagine it would be a pain in the ass to go thru the process of getting a MD to write a script) rather than waste time and money on the hundreds of products out there that do very little.

3. Zontar

Please seek the help of a medical professional for proper HRT. I see way too many transmen and transwomen order supplements from some website in Mexico...and you don't know half the stuff they put in there.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Will this help?
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG96DBt2qIM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

5. maverick

Thanks y'all, I pretty much figured it was bullshit, but I wanted someone else to confirm that. I've never taken any kind of stuff like that, but I was as to what it would do. I don't think I'd ever trust it enough to actually go out and buy any, and I'm not sure I would go on T-shots anyway. Just kind of hypothesizing.

Great video, I enjoyed it!

6. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I change my mind! You should go for it because those guys showing off their FTM transition on youtube are totally hawt.