1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sore Throat

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dantir, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Dantir

Any natural way (like household stuff) I can get rid of it or relieve it somehow? Or would strepsils be the best answer? I think I'm getting one since my mouth is really dry no matter how much water I drink. >_<

Please help. :tears:

2. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I've heard of squeezing a lemon into a little bit of water, but I'm not sure if it can cure a sore throat.

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Gargling with salt water helps, but old old home remedy was to gargle with warm vinegar in water. The acid lowers the pH and bacteria have a harder time. If you have a fever that accompanies this, especially at night, seek medical attention.

4. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Salt water!
    That's what I was thinking of.
    My bad.

:icon_redf

5. Dantir

Thanks a lot guys! :slight_smile: We don't have any vinegar or lemons... but we have a lot of salt, so I'm gonna give that a try.

6. Vampyrecat

Honey and Lemon Tea also helps too I've found. try not to buy it from a packet. just grab a normal teabag, put a bit dollop of honey into the boiling water, add a generous squeeze of lemon and give it a good stir to melt it all together.
    that helps me sometimes.

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Sore throat?? eat some garlic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: