1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can't Sleep

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Justindee13, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Justindee13

I hate talking about this and i am surprised I have the strength to post this not under anonymous. I know, people always say they are fat, and yes this is another one of those posts.

So I am 5' 10" and 280 pounds. I feel horrible. its gotten to the point where I feel guilty about everything I consume even water. I honestly do not eat a lot as it is. I do not drink any soda (Honest to God), but I do drink a lot of coffee. My mom won't listen to me when I say no soda or no unhealthy food. I can poor the soda down the drain but the food, like I don't know what to so with. I hate myself. I feel the only reason I am so lonely is because of my weight. I cry because I see all these skinny guys around my school and see the ripped football players. I just want to be skinny, (not ripped) but just somewhat attractive. I hate myself. Nothing is right.

I just want to be happy with myself, and it seems like when i run or when I workout it never helps or I never see anything. Its approaching 1 am and it sucks because I have lost so much sleep because of this.

My daily schedule is get up at 5 and leave by 6 for morning coffee and then to school by 7. Then i leave school by 3 go to bells until 430 then come home do homework or go to the coffee shop and do some homework. I have 5 hours of homework because of my complex schedule and classes. Then a couple times a week I masturbate and then head to bed hopefully by 11 or 12. Sometimes 1 or 2.

I have no support from my mom and my friends. They all say the same of looks like you have lost some weight but I know they are lieing.

I am sorry to you because now I feel like I have wasted your time by reading this all.:bang::bang:

2. maverick

^ This is probably part of your problem. If you're overweight, that means you already have a pretty slow metabolism. Skipping meals or not eating very much causes your metabolism to crawl, which means that anytime you do indulge in a heavy meal, it's going to stick to you.

^ Drink your coffee black. Sugar and cream and other "coffee dressings" are loaded down with empty calories. As far as your diet goes, surely you can sit down and have a serious conversation with your mom (or dad) about your weight? If they see that you are genuinely concerned, they'll probably try to help you, either by helping you adjust your diet or join a gym.

Here's my advice:

- Eat real meals. Yes really. Almost every teenager has pocket money, if your family seriously subsists on straight Big Macs and Coke, buy your own food. If you have enough money to buy coffees at the cafe, you have enough money for an oatmeal from McDonalds or a salad. Frozen broccoli and the like is cheap, and you can pop it in the microwave.

- If you're going to drink coffee, pack your own at home and make it black (unsweetened). I switched over to black coffee and after you've drank it for awhile, you can't even take sugar in it anymore. Plus it allows you to really be able to taste the different kind of coffee flavors. Also, fixing your coffee at home in a travel thermos will give you time to get in a morning workout.

- Join an online weight-loss support group like SparkPeople, TheDailyPlate, or Weight Watchers. Being involved with other people who are also trying to lose weight will motivate you.

- Count calories. You'd be amazed at how many more you're taking in than putting out. You need to take in at least 10% less calories than your basal metabolic rate to lose weight at a reasonable speed.

- Exercise. Walk, run, sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, whatever. It really doesn't take that much time to exercise, it's just a matter of making yourself do it. Keep a record and mark down what days you exercise and for how long. You have to develop a sense of self control and discipline in order to lose weight.

You CAN do this. Good luck!

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to a little on the heavy side. I hated looking in the mirror then one day I told myself. There is two things you can do keep hating or do something.

So, made a workout schedule and an eatting plan. I did research on what I should and SHOULD'T eat.

two months later I'm 12 lbs lighter and feeling great!

I did it so can you.

Feeling guilt isn't gonna shed pounds, neither is beating yourself up for every little thing you eat. Action will, so get to it

4. RaeofLite

-Whole grain breads
    -Lean protein (fish, seafood, chicken (not deep fried), lean beef etc)
    -Water, tea, black coffee, milk
    -eat fruit and vegetables for snacks.
    -Go for walks every day. Try speed walking with your mp3 player.
    -read the labels of stuff you eat. If it has too much sugar, don't drink/eat it. If it's too hight in fat, don't eat it either.
    -try not to eat 4 hours before bed.
    -try to sleep 7-9 hours a day. Read before bed. No computer or gaming!

You'll get there. You can do it!

5. TheJoker

This and if you are able do not use sugar at all.Check out what type of foods has contain high fat and DO NOT eat them.Speed walking,running or bicycle at least 20 minutes (after 20 minutes it will start burning fat) and you can make it longer later.Dont eat late.Don't drink coffee but if you love it so much, at least drink it black with no sugar.With sugar and cream,believe me those coffees maybe higher calories than sweet hamburgers :lol:

Your diet is the key.Then walking,running or bicycle. I lost 23 kg in 1.5 month this way.Don't be rush..Have realistic expectations.You didnt get fat in one day and u wont lose them one day.Good luck , you can do it :thumbsup:

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Don't starve yourself! I heard it actually makes things like really bad D;. Just snack alot instead of having bigmeals, like snack on apples or something whenever you are hungry and then you will only want to have a small meal, also eat your food slowly and do excersie and try to sleep well :/ I wish I could be of more help.

#6 Witchcraft, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty good advice. Try to snack on fruits and veggies. Make your grains whole grain - they digest slower and keep you fuller longer. Make portions smaller. Avoid fast food or microwaveable food etc. Maybe cut out some coffee.

And eating slower is good advice. I heard that your body has a bit of delay of feeling full. If you eat too fast you might eat more than you really need.

Start exercising!

8. Aya McCabre

If possible you could try eating several smaller meals rather than a few big ones. The more often you eat the more your metabolism will speed up and the more weight you'll end up losing. You don't have to eat much - just enough that your body knows you've had something.

9. Bibliophile

Ok you have gotten a lot of good advice on diet changes and so forth but I never saw a mention of WATER. Drink TONS of it. It keeps you full, is good for you, and it will allow you to get more out of your workouts. Plus you just feel better when you are hydrated properly. Also try getting some green tea pills or get green tea bags and drink it cold. It helps the body in many ways and keeps hunger levels down when you are starting to cut out high calorie items. Warning though cut your caffeine intake if you start taking green tea pills or the like because it contains it's own natural stimulants that will make your heart race if you take the pills and have coffee in you at the same time. Trust me that one comes from personal experience.
    On the topic of your self esteem issues I can say that your weight is not as big a factor in you being lonely as you think. Now yes you need to lose the weight for YOU but don't do it because you think its how you will finally get that special someone in your life. Most people with self esteem issues are single because their self image is poor and that shows and is a put off. So as you can see that's a vicious circle. You are lonely so you feel bad about yourself, the negative vibes turn potential mates away making you more lonely....get the idea? Get in shape so you feel better about this but remember that when you find that person they are with you because of WHO you are not what you look like.