1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popping sound in ear

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Every time my ear moves, or I chew something, I get this popping sound in my ear.

It's really annoying. I don't know what it is. It's in the same ear that has been itching constantly for the past year. :/

I'm thinking maybe I have some ear-wax back in my ear, and it's trapped air leaving, but when the ear goes back to normal more air is sucked in. Does that make any sense? If so, how do I fix this?

It sounds kind of like bubble wrap..

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Does it sound like crunching too?

You should try using a ear pick.. feels GREAT!! releiving the itch :grin:

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Yeah, kind of.

There are ear picks? o:

4. roborama

it could very well be a giant wax buildup, my ex-step-sister (got to love families) got that before. oftan a doctor has to take it out but on the plus your hearing goes throught the roof

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

YEah ear picks are fun to use xD

Its used to pick out the ear wax, it itches the ear tunnel feels nice lol

6. KaraBulut

The condition is called patulous eustachian tube.

There is a tube that goes from the middle ear canal to the throat. There's a little flap over the canal that acts like a valve to keep the tube closed. The flap serves to keeps bacteria and mucus from your throat from getting pushed into your ear canal- otherwise you would get ear infections. On the other hand, when you swallow, a negative pressure is generated and that allows fluid in the middle ear to drain into the throat.

When the flap malfunctions, the eustachian tube is left open. This allows air to move in and out of your middle ear. It also lets sounds from your throat- including your voice- to leak up the tube and into your ear. That's called autophony- auto for self, phony for sound.