1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I do a high risk activity??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by katmando, Oct 19, 2007.

1. katmando

Hey:

I met someone from match and we had casual sex. We did not have anal sex, but did have oral sex. We had condoms, and we tried using them at first, but ended up not. Next time its probably best to.

I sometimes worry and fear AIDS. I remember YEARS ago. I did an activity that I think was somewhat high risk. I ejcaulated in a guys mouth. When we ejcaulated this time it was never in his mouth.

I HONESTLY do not remember, but I discussed this years ago with a few people and I think they said oral sex between gay men without condoms is not that unusual. But ejcaulating in another guys mouth probably is and probably should not be done.

I think I am a little frustrated because I honestly do not remember what was said to me years ago about this situation.

Thanks in advance. And sorry if it is TMI. But I feel like I can be open on here.

2. 24601

The risk for contracting HIV through oral sex is relatively low under normal circumstances. Compared to anal sex, the risk is many times lower. However, there is still some amount of risk. If you or your partner had any open sores, had just brushed your teeth, or anything of that nature that could cause scratching of the gums/mouth, then the risk is increased. Wikipedia cites the estimated infections per 10,000 exposures to an infected source via receptive fellatio as being 1 per 10,000 (without a condom), while insertive fellatio is .5 infections per 10,000 exposures - the two lowest of all sexual acts. In many ways, it's more risky to have anal sex WITH a condom than oral sex without.

Since all ejaculation took place outside the body, the risk is basically 0. So, no, your action wasn't really high risk. By the sound of things, you sounded like you were the one getting blown (or that's what you seemed worried about) in which case the risk is VERY negligible. Unless he had some serious oral bleeding going on, the risk is so incredibly low. The risk of contracting HIV from saliva is VERY low and there have been no documented cases of this actually happening. You'd have to swallow gallons to contract HIV from saliva.

Edit: I guess I should add that meeting someone you don't know for casual sex ALWAYS has its risks, although if you are safe (especially with anal sex) I don't really see much of a problem with it.

#2 24601, Oct 19, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  3. SpikySpice

Well, I dont knwo much, but I agreed with what Ryan( did i get it right) said

The possibility of getting AIDS is low, but you can get soem kinda of other desesases taht happen in hsi mouth or throat

Oh I havent thought about this till I reda your threda today, well, I've done this some years ago to this guy, but yeha its been some years and nothing happened to me so i think im sae!?

#3 SpikySpice, Oct 19, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  4. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Hrm, I think it would be best for you to get tested. The chances aren't extremely high for you to have contracted AIDS years ago, or this most recent time, but before you have sex again you should know where you stand. You don't want to be spreading anything.

5. katmando

Yeah,

I did get tested years ago after the incident with the guy who swallowed my ejcaulate. Actually 3 or 4 times. And they all came out negative. I always seem to have hiv/aids worried after every sexual encounter. I think even if I used the right precautions or do low risk acitivites. I still seem to drive myself crazy with hiv/aids worries.

While I did not do this guy very well. We had talked some over email, and instant message and a little over the phone. I met him over match.

I guess I am have to rethink who I want to be sexual with. I find myself messing around with people I am not even attracted to physically.

In some ways I feel like a lost guy. My sexual experiences have been VERY limited and I now feel like I am exploring, but seem to have sexual encounters with anyone who is nice to me.

I have decided to take myself off match and pursue other actitives where I can form healthy relationships with other gay males, like a gay running group. I think I could also beneift from a gay support group as well as other sport type leagues that include gay men.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, that represents no more risk than having sex with someone you do know if (a) you don't know their HIV status, (b) they don't know their HIV status, or (c) they lie about their HIV status.

The notion that "knowing" someone somehow protects you from the risk of sexually transmitted infections is completely unfounded, as is the notion that sex with people you don't know very well is inherently more risky. I could know someone for 5 years and then have sex with them and maybe they've never felt comfortable telling me they're HIV+. If you think everyone who is HIV+ is willing or able to reveal that on all occasions, you don't know much about human nature.

Whereas I could meet up with a stranger who happens to be very upfront about their positive status and then we could take appropriate precautions.

Or you could have very unsafe sex with someone you know and very safe sex with someone you don't. Even if both people were HIV+, it's the sex with the person you know (in this scenario) that is the most risky.

You cannot rely on whether you "know" someone to protect you from STIs because it is always possible you do not "know" them as well as you think you do.

7. katmando

I agree with your post. While my sexual experience have been almost limited to none before meeting a few people within the last month. That's not why I agree with the post.

Gay sex can be just as dangerous with a partner/boyfriend that you have known for a long time.

A few years ago I was talking to a guy online that I was friendly with in a forum about tv shows. He once told me that he would have bareback sex with his partner/boyfriend if he was with them for a long time. Not sure where he got this line of thinking.

But I do think sometimes people mistake that gay sex is safe, just because you know someone for awhile. Bareback sex is bareback sex. Regardless if you have known someone 50 years or 2 minutes. Gay sex can be just as dangerous at any level if you do not you use the right safety precautions.

But being with the same person when you are with a boyfriend/partner is also important.

Good post Joey.

#7 katmando, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad you liked my post. Just thought I would point out that any sex, not just "gay sex," has its risks. In fact I think a lot of straight people think that if the female half of the equation is on birth control, there's nothing else to worry about, which is silly because unprotected sex is unprotected sex, whether there's a risk of pregnancy or not. Gay people are not more prone to STIs than straight people--there aren't any viruses or bacteria out there that have a particular liking for gay people.

9. Cloud Nine 5

Just how low is the risk to get anything from unprotected oral sex? I have an open wound in my mouth and I will still have it techncially for the next months. Is the risk so low you don't need a condom? Or is it only that low when you're the reciever?

10. Bryan

I dont care who is having sex with who, unless you are in a commited relationship, ALWAYS use a condom, ALWAYS.

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one knows for sure what the actual figures are (because of course to study it people would have to put themselves at risk of infection) but if you have ANY open wounds in your mouth I would really strongly urge you not to have unprotected sex. In fact, I would urge you not to have oral sex PERIOD until you're healed. Open wounds make infection much, much more likely.

12. Cloud Nine 5

Oh ok thanks... good to know.

13. katmando

Well, its been about 5 weeks since I did some of the sexual actitives that I posted in my original post. I have been thinking about it more lately and we did some other things sexually other then what I posted. I do not think they are high risk, but I have been worried lately. Just thinking about.

I really do not feel comfortable talking about the other things I did sexually on the forum, but if someone feels comfortable to pm, I would appreciate it. I am just wondering if I should have any real concerns.

Just being scared enough about the situation has made me rethink who I do with who, and to be more careful in general

Thanks
    Justin

14. mnrules1

Out Status:
    A few people
    do you guys usually wear a condom for oral sex? i have always wanted, but most of the people i have met (online) usually kind of laugh at me when i propose using a condom for a bj.
    never had anal sex, but for sure i would use one, no matter what they said...

15. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't usually use condoms for oral sex but I used to when I was younger. I can see how a lot of people would scoff at that but hey, you gotta do what you feel comfortable doing. Just don't use the lubricated ones for oral, unless they're flavoured. :slight_smile:

16. mnrules1

Out Status:
    A few people
    why not? any particular reason besides the nasty flavor?

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just the nasty flavour... the lubricated ones that aren't flavoured are disgusting-tasting. :slight_smile:

Better to use the unlubed ones for blowjobs.

18. boy0boy

Even flavored ones have a weird sort of taste to them. Of course, just the few I've tried I'm sure you could find some good ones.

19. CrimsonThunder

I think they only taste good for the first suck.