1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear Ripping

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Oct 21, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Okay my industrial keeps getting snagged or hit or such and the skin on the second peircing is very very thin. apart from being tender. i know if i go back to the shop they'll most likely repierce it but my ear really isn't good for industrials so i don't want it to happen again. prevention is poitnless. it rips more just from sleeping on it and i toss and turn in my sleep. also the hit or snags are accidents. i am careful too. i just don't know what to do. my mom says leave it in unitl it rips. :confused: i don't want to take it out as its my love. but it don't want my ear to rip. my mom says it doesn't look to bad but i'm the one with a high knowledge of peircings. what should i do? i just want it to be okay until i can get it seen by a professional peircer. (i'll try to get my mom too take me soon, hopefully after school sometime this week).

2. livetolove

I think that it would probibly be a good idea to take it out. If it rips the professional peircer might not be able to do anything with it. However if you take it out they can at the least repeirce it.

3. Chaos

Call your piercer and tell them about it. They might ask you to come in so they can take a look at it, or they may just tell you how to take better care of it. If the problem is persistant, only if they've given you advice to try to fix the problem, call them back and they will more than likely take it out for you and yes, you will have to get it repierced, but thats better than letting it rip out or get really infected.

Is your ear really not that good for industrials? I'm sure if it wasn't your piercer would've said something. If they knew it wouldn't work they shouldn't have pierced it. Some people can't get certain piercings because it wouldn't work for them. I know of people who can't get eyebrow piercings because of the lack of extra skin around their eyebrow and even those who can't get nose rings because of the cartilage. When I got my cartilage on my ear done it had to be a bit lower because my ear kind of curls at the top.

So yeah, call your piercer right away... Did they not tell you that if you have any questions or concerns to call them? My piercer always tells me to call them if I have any questions. So do it and give me an update. :slight_smile:

4. jroakwood

all i have to say is... ouch!