1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tourettes

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jackm, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Jackm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else has TS. I'm struggling with it, the more stressed I get about the whole coming out thing, the more I tic, and I'm getting to the stage where I don't want even to think about my sexuality in fear I'm going to shout something.

To be fair, my friends probs wouldn't take any notice if I said something because they are awesome and just ignore it when I tic.

But the point stands, it's embarrassing and its tough keeping a secret! It feels like such a stress.

If this is in the wrong bit I'm sorry.

Jack

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Just come out then, it may reduce your stress.

3. KaraBulut

Maybe you need to come out about being gay and your Tourettes all at the same time. It's much easier for everyone to relax when you are comfortable with yourself.

It's interesting- on American Idol there's a contestant with Tourettes this year. His tics- mostly facial- probably aren't noticed by a lot of people. But since he just puts it out there that he has Tourettes (and mild Aspergers), people are able to focus on his singing and not give much though to the tics.

[youtube]K64yxa3lJc8[/youtube]

4. Jackm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the best thing for me would be to come out but of course thats easier said than done :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. If I did come out however would stress me less which would = less tics and less worrying about tic-ing. It's incredibly embarrassing a lot of the time, saying stuff and doing stuff. I know I shouldn't be embarrassed because I can't help it, but when you paying for something at the checkouts and you tell the person working there to f off then you'd realise. I'm just completely dreading the day when I will just say I'm gay... although that'd probs make my life a lot easier!

I wish I could be free and completely comfortable with my self.

Jack

5. pteen

The same thing happens to me i start twitching when i get nervous and make a weird squeakish noise lol, so i just breathe in and out and try to clear my mind.

But if you do end up blurting that your gay, i don't think it would be all that much of a bad thing. :slight_smile:

6. tourettesqueen