1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body fat

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KittyBoy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. KittyBoy

This is the first time I have actually admitted this to anyone other than myself, and I know that I may not look like it, but I've always had a problem with my weight. However, I now have it largely under control (i.e. my upper body). I have been having some trouble losing the fat around my legs and butt, and I was wondering if there was anyone who had any advice on how I could slim down, and not necessarily building muscle to lose the extra fat. I would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone could give (i.e. diet, exercise, etc).

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    um, if thats you in your Avatar you don't need to worry about it you look good.
    But if you want some butt pushups, here are a few things you can do.
    Get on all fours, left one leg (keeping the leg bent)

3. Rikudo

Tom there is no way to specifically lose fat in one area. While toning/building muscle is possible for specific areas. Losing fat is more involved in diet and it involves the whole body. That being said since you don't really want to necessarily gain muscle it'll be a tough.
    If you do decided to work out. I'd say squats for firm glutes, leg press for your legs, and calf raises for your lower legs. Since you don't want to gain muscle do low weight high reps.

Best of luck!

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I agree with Rikudo you can't lose fat in a specific area... Honestly I don't think there is much you can do if you don't want to look like a skeleton. But in order to lose fat overall, do some moderate running or jogging or w/e. Don't do too intense. You burn fatty acids when you do long, moderately intense exercise. If it's too intense it doesn't burn your fat... at least I don't think...

5. Ridiculous

Are you sure it's actually fat? My thigh and butt muscles are pretty soft when they aren't being used but it completely dissapears when I tense them. Other muscles also do this (e.g. biceps) but it's more noticeable on the legs because the muscles are much larger.

As said above low weight resistance exercises (just using bodyweight with squats for example) will firm it up without increasing the size.

6. BloodyRose3000

*looks at pictures on your profile*

0_0 *drools awkwardly*. You're gorgeous! I don't think anyone but yourself would think you need to slim down. How did you get as built as you are, you're the one who needs to giving me advice LOL.

7. KittyBoy

Thanks for the advice guys. And Zeke I am already starting a new diet, concentrated around lean meats and poultry as well as more salads and vegetables, and it’s already making me healthier. Mark I am positive it’s fat. And Rose, I only really know how to take care of my upper body really.

Also thanks for the exercise tips :slight_smile: I am already working out a light exercise routine. Thanks again guys :slight_smile: I really think that I will be able to do something about it this time ^^