1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pimples.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pseudojim, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, probably a bit late to be posting about this as a 25 year old, but i have always wondered...

There seem to be 3 kinds of pimples i've gotten in my life...

#1 Blackheads, which everyone knows well i'm sure
    #2 What i call 'normal' pimples, which people often call white heads, the ones you can squeeze if you're of such a mind
    #3 Weird ones that look and feel like white heads, but you can't squeeze them, and if you try, all they do is push out clear liquid.... lots and lots of it. They stick around for ages and seem to get infected and blow up more easily than other types, regardless of whether you've actually been fiddling with them or not.

Is there anything you can do about the #3 type?

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Wash with face wash that contains little crystalline structures usually something called deep clean and exfoliating facewash, gently massage the bump. After you wash it, seal the damaged area with non-irritating moisturizer. It will go away in 2 to 3 days.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually I have one on forehead right now, its finally clearing up though.

What I've read is that it is a severely clogged pore, the white stuff, is actually white blood cells your body sends in the kill the bacteria that in your pore, but in this case its so badly blocked that your body can't, it will eventually clear out the mess. All you can do is clean your face twice a day and use a moisturizer to keep your skin from drying out.

4. achavaelah18

Well, for me I (usually, being the odd girl I am), attempt to pop it, have it hurt a ton, try again the next night, use the acne medicine on it, and after 3 or 4 days it finally does, then heals up. So basically, use whatever acne type cleanser/cream you use for bad pimples/acne on it and try not to pop it cause it just hurts a LOT more! Trust me :slight_smile:

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

My aunt actually uses a needle and pops it that way! xD Which is rather....not my way to go haha

My dermatologist gave me a cream (Acanya Gel) just for these type of pimples. Well, works for any type, but I use it as a spot treatment just for those. Makes them disappear in about three days. Too bad they keep coming back >.>

6. Arex

My mom always told me to take a rag and wet it down with hot water and put it on the pimple, the steam opens up the pore and allows it to clean easier, also making it softer if you want to pop it x_X but not really recommended :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    guys, stop meaning mean to your skin!!!
    first up, no its not white blood cells thats a myth, its sebum, an oil your body produces naturally, which over time when combined with bacteria will harden. the type number 3 he is talking about is actually JUST sebum in a clogged pore, without bacteria, put a clay mask on it, and leave it on overnight, but you need to get to it pretty quickly when it starts or it'll take a few days to clear up, uhm, on the drug store brands i believe that neutrogena has a clay mask that sells for about 6 bucks
    side note, blackheads are acne that is open (oxegen turns it darker in color, thus the "black" appearance) and whiteheads are closed, so they tend to get bigger since none of the hardened sebum has anywhere to go.
    anyway, clay mask, trust me, or any kind of absorbing mask really, I personally use dermalogica's sebum clearing mask, but its 22 bucks for me, so you'd prolly have to pay 35 to 40 for it.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2011 at 08:56 AM ----------

yeah, we lance at the salon, but we really don't suggest that anyone else lance, since if you go too deep the sebum can get under your skin where it can cause really nasty infections, I mean, really really nasty.