1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excruciating back pain. please help

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

Last night i was laying on my side with my arm kinda propping me up with my hand holding up my head and i got up but i guess i turned wrong because i then got a horrible pain on my left upper part of my back around my shoulder blade. It kills me to move, lay down, walk and breathe. The pain actually makes me dizzy and nauseous and I'm also having spasms as well. What can I do to make the pain go away or at least make it manageable? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Advil does not help, I tried that already.

2. achavaelah18

If Advil isn't helping, try Aleave or Tylenol or Aspirin or Exeddrin if you can take any of those. Try heat, but if it feels worse with that try ice as well. If the pain is that bad DEFINETELY GO TO THE DOCTOR! Hopefully, this might help until then.

Also, a super-comfy pillow/squishy pillow might help when you lie down so it is more comfortable for you.

Feel better soon! :starwars:

Also, try to distract yourself from the pain with something- it helps some cause then you aren't focused just on that. :slight_smile:

3. Tiny Catastrophe

I wish I could take that other stuff but due to a heart condition Advil is all I can handle unfortunately :frowning2:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you've tried "stretching it out", and it's still excruciating, I'd say a trip to the doctor (or even ER) might be your best bet.

Lex

5. Tiny Catastrophe

I have tried stretching it and it hasn't helped at all and its apparently very swollen and inflamed (I cant see it lol)

6. Rikudo

Go to the docs or a chiropractor.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't quite understand how it happened

8. Tiny Catastrophe

Neither do I. I just remember turning around kinda fast and something like popped and I was in pain but then later that night I was laying on my back and my friend on my left side started screaming in her sleep so I rolled over and sat up too fast and it popped again and that's when the pain got the worst