1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleep issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Giorria, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Giorria

Giorria Guest

So I have had trouble sleeping for ages, it was something that started when I began to realise that I was gay but i'm happy with who I am now so I dunno whats up with this damn body of mine.... I often go into work with no sleep and its become so normal that I can do just as much work in that state.

So far i've tried pills, reading before trying, counting sheep (who started that crap, I saw no sheep lol), changing my diet to one with less caffeine and herbal remedies. A friend has told me to try lavender which I will try, but i'm here to ask if any of you guys know of any other ideas I can try before I consider seeing a doctor. I don't like to run to a doctor straight away over things that I could potentially fix myself.

It also doesn't help that I work on a shift that sees me finishing at midnight 4 out of 5 weekdays, and changing that to a normal time means working in a department I don't like.

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i know you don't wanna go see a doctor, but maybe its time if you're not finding relief in at home remedies

3. TraceElement

I work the 3-11 shift at my job, and i also have trouble sleeping. For me, some of it is just my ADD and anxiety kicking in, but sometimes I just can not unwind from the stressful day.
    I find that if i take a valaran root pill and a Melatonin pill (both are natural remidies) that helps me sleep. Also, it might help if you turned on the radio, movie/tv, or invest in a "sound spa" type thing that plays white noise, rain, waves etc.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you just not tired?

5. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Sometimes i'm totally knackered but still can't sleep, on the rare occasion i'll just drop and have 12 hours but thats like once every 2 weeks...

6. Seags

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're not already doing so, practicing any kind of sport might help.

7. Giorria

Giorria Guest

This is my next step! I need to shed some flab anyway lol....

8. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Just an update, currently at 40 hours and no sleep. Work was hell because of this....

9. sexyalex

Hey Giorria!

Meet "Sleep Now"

(see link above) It is like, the only Herbalife thing that has ever worked for me, ever. So I just wanted to share it with you.
    Everyone who knows me, know I am a vampire. A night person. You can come anytime online in the late hours and I am still there? Well, since I have now needed to be awake in the day time due to my new job (as a Corporate Wellness Consultant). My boss recommended to me the Hebralife Sleep Now stress management supplement.

Its made from passionflower, melatonin (for hormone balance) , hops (the same wheat you find in legar beer and ale) and most importantly, the awesome lavender plant(which we all know as a soothing/relaxing agent). ^_^

So, I took it, and I gave cousin one too (just in case :wink:
    Turns out, it works fabulously!
    It doesn't make you drowsy AT ALL. You just take one, and when your ready to sleep you just hop in bed and close your eyes.

And Blac-----------------------

No dreams, no night meres, no nothing. You wake up to your alarm feeling so relaxed, refreshed and energized. It's like...a little bit of magic in the size of a pill ^_^

Anyhow, I think you should try it out too! I can get it for you. It only costs $14.30 For 60 tablets. So it lasts long and u only need one, whenever you want. So message me back and let me know if you wanna buy it.
    You will be glad you did.

10. Giorria

Giorria Guest

I shall pass, tried herbal remedies before. I don't wanna do anything that potentially burns my money anymore. I think my cure is finding a job which doesn't leave me finishing at midnight so the job search is on.

11. sexyalex

Okay :slight_smile:

Just wanted you to know. Surprised the Sleep Now never worked though.

I mean, out of all the HERBALIFE shit I have tried, its the ONLY thing that has worked for me.
    Wish you all the best on your job hunt though, mate.

xoxo
    Alex

12. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Thanks. I'm sorry if it seemed that I was being abrupt in my last post, just got tons on my mind at the moment and the sleep issue wasn't helping. :slight_smile:

13. Denis4

Denis4 Guest

I think you should go to a doctor for treatment. If you don't want to go then its ok i can tell you why it is happening. It is just because of your heavy work load and work schedule so try to decrease your work load and give yourself some rest. Everything will be fine soon.
    I hope you will give me reply soon about your sleep.

14. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Unfortunately theres no chance in me getting my work load decreased in any way, people are leaving the company I work for and they aren't hiring anyone to replace them. I would love a change in shift but theres a massive waiting list to get off of the dead mans shift that I work on.

15. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not easy!!! I can relate, unfortunately!!!