1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love handles

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zontar, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Zontar

Are they permanent, or do these things go away with further weight loss?

They fucking better, because I'm starting to get my old figure back...and when I looked in the mirror today, my midsection looked like bread wrapped in a rubberband! ><

If they are permanent, is there a specific cosmetic surgery that gets rid of love handles?

2. RedState

Well, they are not permanent, but they are one of the more stubborn areas to get rid of. You can't spot reduce body fat sadly so they will reduce over time as part of an overall weight loss/dietary plan.

Yes there are cosmetic procedures that will reduce them, but keep in mind they are invasive and costly.

I take it you have been on a diet/exercise routine to lose the weight you have thus far, so the best thing would be to keep on that, it takes a lot of time and patience.

3. Zontar

As long as they can be gotten rid of on diet/exercise, that's all that counts. I was worried it was stretched skin or something...believe me, surgery would never be my first choice. x.x

4. RedState

I don't know anything about your past shape, but normally you don't have to worry about loose or excess skin unless you were extremely overweight and lost a dramatic amount of weight. Many people in that category undergo surgery to remove the excess skin that has lost it's elastic capability.

You can lose them through diet/exercise but it takes a while.

#4 RedState, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  5. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    I agree, just focus on diet and exercise and they will reduce over time. If you're really worried about it, you could ask your doctor some questions, but the only real way to know what they will look like as you progress is to be patient.

6. Zontar

I topped out at about 228 pounds at 6'2". I'm now at 185. I dunno what my goal is, my plan was to just keep biking until my gut went away.

7. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds like you're doing great already!!! congrats

8. Rikudo

Like my good friend RedState has already said you can't target specific areas for body fat loss. Diet is the biggest benefactor and it seems like you're on the right track just stick with it remember great things come to those who are patient.

9. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

Im 230 lbs. and i have love handles, i hate them! and stretch marks too, i have strectmark on my inner elbow! its so weird!

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have them on my thighs too, part of loosing weight. They'll fade, try rubbing vitamin E or coco butter on them.

11. Mr.Pushover

Try doing some ab workouts. But make sure the obliques are involved, because that's the area that will help a lot

12. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

My oldest brother did this workout he saw online that really helped.

Basically, you hold like a 5-10 pound weight above your head with both arms and bend from side to side while flexing your abs. He said it worked, and it looked like it worked.

Whether or not it was just his diet that shed it and not that exercise is up for debate. Worth to try though.

13. Emberstone

I am tall, and generally skinny, but I do have love handles, mainly because of the fact that my pants have been getting tight as I work out, and my legs and butt have grown more muscular, so it has filled my pants out more, and fat doesnt have room to form in my pants, as strange as it sound, so it kind of muffintops. my skin has stretched a little. so if you love handles form above your pants line, consider letting your pants out a little bit to help.