1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normal?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gothitil, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I have a anal tear/hemorroid right now, and to keep it short, I just got sent home from school because I bled all over the back of my pants.

Is this normal for a tear/hemorroid?

2. Zontar

Happened to me once before when I was very sick and developed a grape-sized hemmerhoid that bled profusely. Nothing much to worry about, unless of course it doesn't begin to recede eventually.

3. Ianthe

I'm sorry that happened to you--it sounds like it was probably embarrassing and frightening, as well as perhaps painful.

When you unexpectedly start bleeding profusely, I think it's always a good idea to see a doctor. Also, anal tearing and hemorrhoids are not the same thing, and you don't seem to know which you have, so I think you haven't been seen by a doctor at all yet. You should go to the doctor to confirm the cause of the bleeding, and/or for treatment of the bleeding. Even if you a sure of the cause of the bleeding, I think you should see a doctor if the bleeding (1) is profuse (which it sounds like it is), (2) persists for more than a couple days, or (3) recurs with unexpected frequency.

Is there some pressing reason not to go to a doctor? Because I can't imagine it would do any harm.

I don't know how much bleeding there is. If it keeps soaking through everything, and doesn't slow down, you might need to go to the emergency room. Obviously, really profuse bleeding is a problem regardless of the cause. Otherwise, make an appointment with your doctor for as soon as they can fit you in (and tell them about the bleeding when you call to make the appointment).

4. Giorria

Giorria Guest

I would take Ianthe's advice onboard if I'm totally honest. A small tear or hemorrhoid shouldn't bleed through your pants to an extent that its noticable by others. Please go and see a Doctor even if it is for your own peace of mind.

Even though mine wasn't as severe as what you are describing, I had a fissure that was produced from straining as my diet was basically full of crap that did no good for me. Doctor told me a diet change was needed so I changed but only minimally and I was using a stool softener which I would forget to take sometimes. Eventually a hemorrhoid was produced (diagnosed by the Doctor again) because of my still lacking diet not allowing for it to heal properly and me still straining. Now it is reduced and is barely noticable when I wipe and I've been lucky to not have some of the other symptoms like itching or pain.

I was ignorrant to all of this before because it was one of those 'this will never happen to me' type things, but then a good friend forced me to go see the doctor. I'm quite thankful to him for making me go. I still get those days when the diet goes out of the window because I find it boring but I'm improving on that because I want to minimise the chances of it happening again.