1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hickey...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by roborama, Apr 18, 2011.

1. roborama

soo umm my friend just left and well she left me a nice hickey in the most obvious part of my neck. im going on vacation (to the beach) the day after tomorrow and it NEEDS to be gone help me:frowning2:

2. roborama

will someone please help im freaking out:frowning2:

3. Lucky Panda

Make up? :confused: I'm not sure; I'm not educated in the field of hickies.

Sorry! :frowning2:

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Sadly, not much you can do other than try to make up a creative story on how you got it or make up, but that gets complicated at the beach.

No biggie other than people will know you had someone sucking on your neck :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: then again most people have had one at one point in their lives so don't stress over it too much.

Just keep this experience in mind next time its about to happen so you can prevent it on time :slight_smile:

Edit: My friend says ice works, but no idea.

5. Aya McCabre

If you're using makeup, putting a layer of orange (lipstick works) underneath a layer of concealer works better than just using concealer. That's about all I can help you with.......

6. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A hickey is a bruise and like all other bruises, you just need to wait for it to disappear. I've heard ice immediately after you get it can lessen its visibility (like within 10min) but haven't had any direct experience with it. (One of the few good side effects of a blood disorder I have makes it extremely hard to get a hickey as I need severe damage to cause a bruise.)

7. roborama

im definitly going to have to try that, its worse than i thought:frowning2: thank you and thanks everyone else too, ugh why can i be so dumb sometimes

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard that getting a really cold spoon (stick it in the freezer for a while) and pressing it hard into the hickey can help. I've tried it, but I don't know whether it helped because I don't know how fast it would have faded without doing that. I've only had one once, but from my experience, it was noticeable for about a week. Good luck.

9. Darkwing65

What you might try is an ice cube. With the more sharp end of it, press and rub the ice into the hickey. The blood vessels need to be broken up. This has worked for me, but takes a bit.

10. Flyers2011

I never had one where people could see it so I didn't have to worry about covering . . .

But I think ice might help it, because hickeys are bruises and ice always helps bruising.

11. roborama

ive done the cold spoon and the ice thing and i think its to the point of coverable thanks guys... got to be more careful next time

12. snackcake

I tell my kids that they don't want everyone to know their business so if they are going to have passion marks they should be where no one can see them. I tried ice once it made the color deeper AND took longer to fade. Make up might work....until you hit the water. You can always act as surprised and horrified as everyone else!!

13. Aya McCabre

For future reference, if anyone's looking for makeup tricks to cover bruises (like the layer of orange I suggested) it's better to look up how to cover tattoos. The same tricks work but people put more time and research into covering tattoos.

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2011 at 03:31 PM ----------

I would pay to see that.

14. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if the bruise is very red, use green to fade it, and if its purplish, use a yellow collored foundation to cover it a little, doing this will neutralize the tone and then you can put foundation over top of it, so just put foundation all over your face and neck and then it won't be so noticeable, but avoid the water unless you're using waterproof makeup

15. roborama

how do you know this?? i guess i suck at being a girl..

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2011 at 11:10 PM ----------

and thats a really good point thank you!!

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

im still having to cover it and its not going away anytime soon.. so the covering ideas are really helpful. swimming should be interesting:slight_smile:

16. KaraBulut

Unfortunately, a hickey is blood that is trapped in the skin- like a bruise or a "strawberry" scrape.

It takes a while for the red blood cells to break up and be resorbed by the body.

You'll have to use make-up to cover it up. Early in the bruise, arnica tablets or cream can be used to speed up the process but it still takes several days.