1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Control Myself While Sleeping:S

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SpikySpice, Nov 2, 2007.

1. SpikySpice

Um, when I was sleeping, I can not control my actions, especially when I was dreaming, it seems like I make actions that happen excactly from my dream.

Like one time I was dreaming fighting with someone and in reality , I was throwing the pillow against the window curtain and break stuffs
    The other time, I was shaking hand with somebody and so I reached my hand out and hit teh wall...

I did these thinsg while asleep and woke up when I heard the breakign sounds or got hurt little biit

I didnt thnk about it much because it happened rarely and I think it was dumb to talk about it, but today it turned out to be bad, I was pulling the cord of the alarm of the wall, and I woke up sleepily, plugging it back in teh dark and set it 1 hour late so I was 1 hour late for school

I gues I never sleep walk, I dont know, Im scared cuz it may become worse and I may hurt myself or kill someone:eek:

2. Louise

This happened to me a lot in my teenage years. I had a habit of banging my head or face on the wall socket near my bed... could have moved the bed of course :eusa_doh: Got some nasty bumps on my hands and wrists. I can't believe I didn't move my bed! :lol:

I grew out of it over the years... don't worry :kiss:

3. SpikySpice

Alright, thank you Louise(*hug*)

So I guess it's normal for my teenage year because it also happens to some people

4. InaRut

Well from what I can say about my expierence from sleep walking is that I usually walk around semi-concious. As though I'm dreaming my reality? I have instances where I've yelled at my brother and mom about the animals covering my bed so I couldn't sleep and I've had instances where I've walked downstairs to ask what my dad is doing up when really it's only been 2 hours. Mine isn't dangerous like yours and I also haven't done it since I was 16 I guess.

As for your problem, I think there is medication you can take for sleep walking. Another thing is try to get rid of some of the stress in your life if your living a horribly stressful lifestyle.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

I cry in my sleep, but thats where my involuntary actions end lol

6. SpikySpice

Hm, I guess since I feel depresed and worry about stuffs everyday

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

ooo i seen sumthin like dat on tv sumthin to do wiv sleep walkin

8. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive sleep walked a couple of times and have heaps of dreams about getting teased at school also but i really hate having wet dreams!!! they are messy and i dont like them

9. ebra

My boyfriend does things like that...very violently. as if he is in a fight, he throws punches and his body reacts like someone is hitting him over and over. it goes on like this until he either passes out, throws up, or wakes up like hes being choked or suffocated. when he is like that, there is no waking him up. on more then one occation i have even pinched him until he was bruised just to pull him out of it. it is scary. i am scared to sleep with him. that he is either going to hit me, or kill himself. but he wont go and see a doctor or anything, so if anyone does learn anything, please let me know! good luck.

10. SpikySpice

Hmm, maybe he has nightmares? He better be waking up while doing that because it's dangerous and hurt him physically and mentally so you can sleep on a bed next to his and whne he dose taht try to wake him up as fast as possible

11. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I always have dreams where I wake up, then I really wake up, and I realized I didn't do it. :frowning2: Its just simple things, like getting up for school and getting dressed or pushing the on button on my computer when waking up for school x_x Its annoying cause I think I've already done something, and there I am, BACK IN BED T_T and its not done.

12. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Read up on it?
    You wont kill yourself thats for sure.
    I know a little about sleep deprivation.
    You wont commit an act that you wouldnt do when your awake, such as killing yourself.

13. panda

Ebra You mention that your bf does these things until he passes out.Does he pass out from drinking?Is that a possibility?A.A. could be an answer.

14. SpikySpice

Hey that's a relieve, my dad jocked to me today that I may get out of bed, to teh kitchen and grab a knife and cut myself lol

15. Grof142007

I use to do that all the time i hated it when that happen

16. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Spice and others, sounds like what is happening is happening in the very early stages of REM sleep. During that time, the brain releases chemicals that basically cause paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. In some cases the events dreamed of take place before complete paralysis is present, thus the thrashing about. There is also the opposite, waking from deep REM while still in atonia and being fully aware but unable to move for a while.

Usually these conditions do not last long and are grown out of. I wouldn't worry too much.

17. ebra

thanks jayHew, that is a relief, cause I have noticed that it only happens right when he falls asleep, and it lasts a few hours at some cases and then he is fine. he doesnt remember it happening, and they are definitaly dreams. it is still scary tho, and worrysome, cause i know he does hurt himself.

Not AA. lol hes super square. hates that I drink occasionally. just passes out. no reason at all.

18. waitingsucks

yea I rarely have water on ma bed side table coz i used to put my hand on it during my sleep and knock it over near all the electrical stuff. I also get a little hansy in my sleep, like touching myself and when i wake up and sum1's there i hope they didn't c it. haha

19. SpikySpice

Thank you Jayhew for teh information, my dad also said that because my nerds and brain are not in a neutral state

That also happened to me too but I didnt wannna talk about it, sometiems my friends said they can see me do it at night but I didnt remember anything XD, it's liek I m so undercontrol but that is another case