1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood test results are worrying me......

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Austin, May 4, 2011.

1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I recently got a blood lipid panel done because it was for extra credit in school, and I thought it'd be interesting to know. I also got an STD test done as well, not for school, but just for me to know.

The blood lipid panal results are all I have back so far, since apparently I have to see the doctor to get my STD test results (is this unusual?).

The problem is that I have apparently high eosinophils? Which, I interpret to be high inflammation (or w/e) due to some irritant (or w/e). On my paper it says:

"EOS ABS" then it has my number in the "abnormal" range at "0.6H" And the "Ref Range" is (0.0-0.5). So I am too high in that.

Also my EOS % is "10.1H" when it should be in "(0.0-5.0)"

And my Eosinophils are "9H" when they should be "(0-5)"

Everything else is fine... not sure if this means anything to anyone but WBC, RBC, HGB, HCT, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, PLATELET, MPV, BASO ABS, LYMPH ABS, SEG ABS, etc...

I'm pretty scared because looking up what this means all I see is causes like hepatitus, autoimmune diseases, cancer, chrons, etc.

I'm mostly worried this means I could have HIV or something?? Idk... I'll ask the doctor, but the appointment is a week from now and I can't take the anxiety!!! So if any doctors here can offer some input please do! :frowning2:

Edit: well, now, looking it up, it seems its more often related to allergens and worms and not HIV or anything... but, the only thing I can think of prior to the blood test, which might sound stupid is that I have a sunburn on my legs, and I have been digging outside and probably inhaling a lot of dust.

#1 Austin, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. Jim1454

Blood test results are sent to your doctor for this very reason. You're not qualified to read them or interpret them. Don't sweat it until your doctor tells you there is a problem.

3. Rikudo

Stop trying to self diagnose yourself that's just making you more nervous. Leave it to the professionals. That's all I can say.

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, standard procedure.

5. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What those acronyms are are just (sometimes) things that are in your blood (White Bloodcell Count, platelets, etc). Follow the above advice and stop trying to diagnose yourself and your doctor will explain them to you, they didn't go to school for over a decade for nothing...

Also, 'abnormal' doesn't necessarily mean 'bad', it just means that it falls out of the normal range. Not every person is the same and because of that some numbers will be inherently different, for example I have a higher bilirubin count than what is considered 'normal' but i am still healthy

#5 Jonamo, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  6. KaraBulut

The panel tests that we run are used more for screening. A CBC doesn't result in a diagnosis- it just alerts us to situations where we may need to do more testing or in some cases, it confirms a diagnosis we have made from an examination.

An isolated eosinophil test- especially one that is just barely over the high mark- is probably not something to worry about. However, you should followup with your doctor and let your doctor make the decision as to whether it warrants further testing.