1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I see a doctor

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kerze, May 7, 2011.

1. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The far right of my chest feels tender, like it'd been bruised every time time I move my right arm and underneath the sin it feels ...lumpy? I guess is the best way to describe it, I feels like there are lumps under the skin. My chest as a whole feels a bit achy. I don't know if I'm just worrying over nothing or if I should go to see a doctor. I have exams for the next 3 weeks so if I do have somthing wrong it's come at the worst possible time...
    I've been stressed by the exams and not sleeping enough and it may just be tiredness all the time? I don't know; thoughts? Opinions?

#1 Kerze, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. Gumtree

Rule of thumb for chest pains is to see a doctor.

If there are physical signs of irritation that you can actually feel under the skin, there's a good change you've got an irregular-floating rib, or perhaps broken one (broken ribs can be almost painless sometimes, and often people don't know for extended periods).

Either way, get it checked out ASAP.

3. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, call the doctor, he may refer you to urgent care or directly to Xrays

4. forthwith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    could also be shingles.. see a doctor they are really painful. a re-manifestation of chicken pox due to stress and low immune response. I had them in college. they suck see a doc or at least hit up the urgent care in the middle of the night.

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got an x-ray and it turns out I fractured a rib and never noticed, it's so tiny that it barely even shows up on an x-ray, my doctor says it's the smallest he's ever seen (which is something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)... apparently it's basically healed by its self now, he thinks I did it about 5 months ago and there's nothing to do but keep pressure off it and wait for the pain to go away, but they're supposed to be really painful and he has no idea why I only feel 'a bit achy'.