1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hives?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by meekie, May 9, 2011.

1. meekie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Uuuh, so, this is embarrassing (thank god it's the internet!) - I got my face waxed on Sunday (usually I just get eyebrows done, but the esthetician talked me into my whole face saying I needed it. Anyhow, I immediately broke out in hives all around my face - at least I think they're hives. They itch. And they weren't there before. Anyhow, any other time I've had hives they've gone away after taking benadryl, but this time they've stuck around through the rest of Sunday and now through today.

Needless to say, it's embarrassing looking and super uncomfortable. Any thoughts?

2. suninthesky

How much benadryl are you taking? Once I had really bad hives and I had to take quite a lot of it, like 3 times a day on doctor's suggestion and it took the hives a few days to go away.

3. KaraBulut

It doesn't sound like hives- it sounds more like folliculitis. You can try a topical hydrocortisone cream but if that doesn't help after a day or so, you may need to make an appointment with a dermatologist.