1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bowel movements

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Giorria, May 11, 2011.

1. Giorria

Giorria Guest

As the title says, this thread is about my bowel movements or should I say lack of them.

Little bit of history, late last year I tore myself through straining when I needed to go. Went to the doctor in January who comfirmed this and I was given a stool softener while it healed itself and told to change my diet. Changed my diet and still had constipation so it wasn't healing as well as it should of but it seemed to anyway. Couple of months back I went back to the doctor because a hemorrhoid had formed, was given a prescription for some gel that helped stop inflamation to some degree and told to improve on my diet some more. Since then I eat so much better then I ever had, I eat less rubbish and more fruit (which I rarely did before) and fibre and try to drink plenty of fluids.

I still have the problem, I can't seem to goto the toilet for upto a week at a time. Obviously It's not helping with my hemorrhoids where the stools are still hard and I recently had some blood after a long time of not having any because of how hard I pushed to move my bowels along (I know I shouldn't push). This is leading me to think that there might be something else that may be causeing this.

I have booked an appointment with my doctor but the earliest I could get was next Wednesday. Is there anything else that I might be able to look at to aid this? I need it to change because its getting quite annoying. People I know with rubbish diets which consist of nothing but rubbish have more bowel movements then I do.....

Thanks.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    green apples can soft when you stood and act as a laxitive. try eatting some of them, eat the skin.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you tell me your average daily diet?

4. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Sure, i'll put below what I've had today, it only differs slightly on a daily basis. I work until midnight so I sleep later and try to make it so that I'm not waiting to start work.

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast (wholemeal bread), glass of pure fruit juice and a banana

Lunch/first break at work: Chicken sandwich (wholemeal bread again) and an apple, water based drink.

2nd break at work: pure orange juice

Dinner: Home made spaghetti bolognaise. With a yogurt amd orange after (currently eating it now)

Add to that the water that I drink during my shift, sometimes I'll add another apple or something else in terms of fruit.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, is the spaghetti whole wheat? it would see like you're getting enough fiber.... What about vegetables do you eat any? Try some broccoli. That'll clean you out....

6. Giorria

Giorria Guest

I like to shift between wholewheat and normal spaghetti depending on how i feel, wholewheat doesnt always go down too well unless I drink tons. I forgot to mention I've been taking a mild laxative this week and its not even helped either.

Broccoli? I love the stuff and usually always have it with my Sunday roast.

I get so annoyed knowing people with worse diets then me being able to go on a daily basis.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea, that might be annoying. I'm tempted to go into my own experiences but I won't... How come whole wheat doesn't go down?

I know how you feel though. I have lots of stomach aches and I think issues with my stomach (dunno what), and I try to eat healthy! I know people who eat crap who have no problems. It's quite sad. I always thought that if I nourish my body it will be good to me.

8. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Its not that it doesn't go down, I seem to stuggle to swallow it more then I do with other foods. It could just be the texture that I don't like but I actually do like the taste of wholewheat spaghetti better.

Just had an unpleasant movement, it hurt and it was hard. waited roughly 5 days since my last one. Just gotta wait for next wednesday to come before I can even be looked at again by the doctor.....

9. forthwith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    while at the doc get checked for gluten intolerance. Coconut milk always clears me out.. found out by accident on a tropical beach after 7 coco loco's.. I've never seen a bathroom line so long in my life.