1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digestive System

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MyDecember, May 12, 2011.

1. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm trying to get into better shape but one problem I keep coming up on is my digestive system. I've been eating smaller portions of food but I don't feel as though I'm digesting my food. I have a low metabolism so I can't go through food like a hot knife through butter but I try to eat when I'm hungry and that only happens twice a day. When I wake up and then later at night. I'm not hungry for a long periods of time, I still feel full.

Ive been experimenting to get my 3 meals a-day back. I started eating some soup in the morning and still nothing? I even tried drinking water for a day, no hunger pains. Is there something wrong with me? Is there a way to jump stat my digestive track and what not?
    Should I just stop worrying and have a small snack bar for lunch? I'm just freaked out a little.

2. Gumtree

I am a little bit confused as to what your problem is.

Is the issue that you're feeling constantly full, or that you're not feeling hungry?

They're two very separate things, and can have very different causes and effects.

3. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well the problem is not feeling hungry for the most part. I always feel full but rarely hungry. I'm down to 2 meals a day and even then I'm not hungry.

4. Gumtree

It's difficult to offer advice in your situation without knowing a lot of rather.. intimate.. things about your body, but here's a few tips to keep in mind.

1. When you're going through any form of change, transition or stress/difficulty, the body will respond. People often find that during dramatic life changes, they either put on or lose large amounts of weight. Appetite is a frequently affected thing.

2. Your body is very good at adapting, but only if the stimuli is regular. The body loves routine, in all things, and sometimes it needs training. Not everything is going to be pleasant.

3. There ARE things that you can do that will stop you digesting food. Drinking alcohol on a totally empty stomach can be big one. Others may include lack of oxygen (poor respiration), too high liquid intake, or drastic changes to diet, such as going from low to high protein intake, or largely refined and processed food to unrefined and/or raw.

4. The amount of food your body will crave is proportion to your exercise and the frequency you normally eat.

5. Drastic changes to WHEN you eat can have a massive impact on your appetite and digestion. People that go from not eating breakfast to regularly eating breakfast, especially meals either high in liquid or carbs/protein, find that they may feel full or even uncomfortably heavy/weighted for a large portion of the day.

My suggestion?

Whip your body into submission! Make sure it knows who is boss!

Force yourself to eat 3 times minimum a day, whether you're full, hungry or whatever. Make sure it's at the same time, and your meals are similar in nutrtional makeup, e.g have your high protein/carb meal at the same time each day.

This may take a few weeks to work, but once your body is accustomed to it, you'll find it will not only begin to feel comfortable and natural, it will start craving and giving you warnings if you deviate from the routine.

Remember that you eat first and formost for survival and nutrition, not for pleasure. I know enjoying SHOULD be an enjoyable and comforting experience, but that shouldn't lead to neglecting your body by either under or over eating.