1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Sex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ToTheCeilingFan, May 14, 2011.

1. ToTheCeilingFan

What kind of protection is available/necessary? I've heard of dental dams, but they sound kind of bothersome and inconvenient. I mean, they'd obviously trump getting an STD, but what kind of stuff can be spread through lesbian sex? I'm not trying to sound ignorant here, I'd just like to know the risk before I lose my virginity.

2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That doesn't sound ignorant at all for me...you are ignorant when you talk about a subject you have no knowledge with, looking for info isn't ignorant, its a smart move :wink: :thumbsup:

3. Eponine

I can't say at all that I know much about lesbian sex, but you could always look at our section on it within our resources here. We actually have a good amont of information there on a variety of subjects, so it is a great (but rather unknown) way to find out more about things.

Of course, it may not completely answer you, but I recommend looking there first and asking more questions if necessary~ :slight_smile:

4. Jay

Jay

One quick tip: If you don't have anything lesbian-friendly handy, grab a condom, cut it in half, and stretch it. Same result, more availability.

5. ToTheCeilingFan

Thanks so much! That article answered a ton of questions. Does anyone know if using a latex barrier decreases the pleasure of sex? Not that that would outweigh the safety, just wondering. Also, is there a way of keeping the barrier still without using both hands? Like what if you wanted to use both your hands and your mouth? Sorry, I hope this isn't too graphic. Just a few wondering questions from a very inexperienced lezzie. :wink:

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Generally lesbians are at low risk of HIV infection, unplanned pregnancy and becoming infected with STDs."

orly? lesbians are at a low risk of unplanned pregnancy? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Hot Pink

Well, if your girlfriend is trans, then there's a possibility of pregnancy if she's pre-op...

8. ToTheCeilingFan

Ooh, and if someone ejaculates, does that increase the chance of being exposed to an STD?