1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White bumps on my tongue

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by preacherskid83, May 14, 2011.

1. preacherskid83

I've noticed these white bumps on the back of my tongue. They're small, about the size of a pinhead, and they make me feel like I'm gagging. So I cut them off. didnt feel a thing. They keep.coming back. Mostly after kissing hard or passionately, but also after smoking a stogie with a hard draw....seems suction related...should I worry about them?

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol, well aside from your own taste buds, it could be a number of things, are you having other symptoms?

3. preacherskid83

Let me be clear, these are potruding up and above the rest of my tongue. By at least 3-4mm

4. forthwith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like tonsil stones.. they generally accompany either a respiratory infection or a really bad sore throat.. Last time I had 'em my doc fixed me up some good antibiotics worked the charm.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they keep coming back... you should definitely see a doctor and get them checked out. I'm sure it's nothign serious, but sometimes, infections in your mouth or throat can turn into something serious if not attended to. So... bite the bullet and make an appointment. If you don't have insurance, check around, there are a lot of clinics in most areas where you can see a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant inexpensively or even free.

6. KaraBulut

They're probably fibroepithelial polyps but since you're a smoker, you should have your doctor take a look at them.