1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

food.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GuardianKitten, May 14, 2011.

1. GuardianKitten

I'm a recovering anorexic, and lately it hasn't been the "eating" part that's been giving me trouble, it's "how my body feels after i eat".

I feel sick maybe 15-20 minutes after I eat something, not "omg I'm gonna throw up" sick, but "-_- I don't feel good *wants to sleep*"

I don't get it, it's not like I've actually added too much to my diet; I'm still living off safe foods (vegetarian, low carb) and while I have brought some dairy back in it's completely not related to this.

It's kinda putting me off food, which is bad but... =\
    Anyone know why this could be happining?

2. suninthesky

That used to happen to me. How long have you been vegetarian? I know it happens more with girls than guys, but when I went on iron because of anemia, that went away.

3. GuardianKitten

I don't know, really. When I was younger I'd only eat meat when absolutely forced., if I'd had a choice I'd say life, but past few years I guess.

4. Gumtree

There's a good chance it's psychological. Don't flame me for saying that, as I know it's not exactly productive information for you. I can't offer any advice in this regard either.

But, if it is physical. I can think of a few minor things.

Firstly, if you're anaemic or have poor circulation/respiration, all of which are common in current/post anorexic; you may not have enough oxygen getting to your digestive system.

This will leave you feeling very tired 15 mins or so after eating, due to your body taking oxygen from the rest of your organs/muscles to supply the digestive tract with what it means. Generally, there just isn't enough oxygen to go around, so you feel both tired and your digestion is slow/delayed.

Finally, the body doesn't adapt instantly to change.

Just like how people complain about how unpleasant breakfast is when they start forcing themself to eat it, any major change to how we treat out body will cause a bit of discomfort until you get use to it.

My overall suggestion is to go to a doctor if this persists. Get some blood tests, avoid alcohol on an empty stomach and try and eat in a routined way.

Good luck, keep us posted :slight_smile:

#4 Gumtree, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. GuardianKitten

Actually I reconize that it could be psychological. *shrug* Doesn't make it more of a pain in the ass... And it's after 9 I should force myself to find an orange or something.

Blood tests say I'm not anemic, but I also wasn't told where it lied, if it was like "not anemic but only barely" or "perfectly normal"
    basically implying my insides aren't working. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Yeah, good chance.

I suppose "major change" could be a factor. I've only been "good" the past few months really, though this month so far has been going reasonably well. (I.E. I'm not having panic attacks *eyeroll* Im a pussy sometimes)

and, lol, alcohol. I refuse to drink or use. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Not an issue here.
    ty