1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unibrow!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by vertonemo, May 19, 2011.

1. vertonemo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a male that dislikes having a unibrow and the constant plucking does not really work that well....
    I have in the past gone to people to have it waxed and it generally works. However, I am wondering if anyone has ever tried the DIY waxing kits. It would be cheaper though the fear of ripping off my eyebrows is rather a detriment.

Any ideas?

2. EM68

I have a unibrow. I have a small trimmer. I use it to shave between my eybrows and also to trim my eybrows. It works like a charm.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just shave mine once a week

4. Emberstone

a local spa might have a cheap laser procedure to get rid of the unibrow. I had a friend who found a spa who did it for like 35 bucks, and it hasent come back 5 years later.

5. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Laser is the most effective and permanent way to get rid of unwanted hair..

6. Dr Acula

How many sessions does lasering usually take? I'm debating getting my upper legs done - there isn't a lot, but it is really annoying to shave and too painful to wax (lower legs are fine though).

7. Emberstone

I think it depends on the area. I think for something like a unibrow, it might take two appointments, one to do it, and one to check the results, and do a touch up incase a hair or two did not get fully removed.

for legs, I think it can take 2-3, since they might only do part of it at one time, then a touch up appointment.

8. KaraBulut

It depends on the density of the hair (whether it's thick with lots of follicles) and whether you have dark skin/hair.

Generally, fair skin and dark, thin hair have the best results with laser.

A small area like the adams apple or between the brows will cost about $40-75. It usually takes about 2 treatments.

A larger area like your legs or chest will cost a lot more- probably $1000 or more. And it will take 3-5 treatments.

A common misconception is that lasering will get rid of the hair permanently. It's more accurate to say that lasering will thin the hair. Hair follicles regenerate which is one of the reasons that it takes several treatments. And it's typical that some hair will grow back but it is typically lighter in color. The laser acts on pigment, so dark hair gets zapped but the lighter hair isn't affected by the laser.