1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need to Gain Weight....help?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by whiterosebeka, Jun 6, 2011.

1. whiterosebeka

so i'm 21, 4'9 maybe 4'11 now (seems like my torso has grown and inch or two this past year) and i weight 91 pounds...
    i don't like being 91 pounds....

i seem to get only hungry very little through out the day, and i only seem to like small portions.

anyone has suggestions?

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Eat. A lot. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Although, my friend had a cousin that needed to gain weight and his doctor told him to drink Pediasure with every meal. Perhaps that's an option? I have no clue how that worked out for him, but it's just something I heard...

EDIT: I just put your stats into a BMI calculator and it said that you were at a normal weight for your height. (4'11) It was so weird, when I put in 4'9 it automatically changed the age to 11 years old and wouldn't let me run it--odd.

#2 Kidd, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
  3. flymetothemoon

You may just have a really good metabolism, and if so there's not really too much you can do. However, you might try charting how many calories you are getting in a day and see if you can increase that number and if that helps. the suggestion to try a pediasure with each meal might also help increase those calories if you aren't actually feeling hungry for more. Is it an option for you to speak to a nutritionalist about your concern with your weight? Sometimes they are more helpful in figuring out what is going on with that sort of thing than a regular doctor since that is their sole focus.

4. whiterosebeka

I have never heard of the pediasure thing, but i shall try that! and yea, i did the BMI thing also and got the same results (not of the age being changed though, although it is pretty funny that they identified me as 11 years old to you) but i feel like skin and bones. i want an adult body, i mean, don't get me wrong, i do like the whole looking like a teenager, but yea.

and i have to find a job and save up money to try and see a nutritionalist, but that is definitely something i will look for in the future, if i still can't seem to gain weight.

5. TraceElement

I do not have an MD after my name but I can vouch for this. I saw someone gain 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks by drinking Carnation Instant Breakfast with whole milk 3 times a day in addition to meals.

6. VentinIntrovert

I was pretty thin as a kid, and somewhat is. It always affect my self esteem and still does. I gained a nice amount of weight it high school after eating out and eating fast food. A burger once in a while isn't going to kill you. Try working out and using some weigh gaining protein. It's like 1000 calories per serving (half a day's worth of food). I charted my calories and was doing about 2600 calories a day... 600 over a typical healthy person...

7. whiterosebeka

Back before i lost my job, when i'd go on break i could scarf down, a grilled chicken sandwhich, a whopper jr and 4 nuggets. and sometimes it would include a small fry from Burger King. i still couldn't gain weight, i only weighed 94 pounds. i used to always love being tiny, but now that i'm older, i'm tired of the teenage body.

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2011 at 11:33 AM ----------

and i like the sound of that. i'd like to gain it quick! lmao

8. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :dry: *Hates*

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But seriously, eat more meat (such as beef) instead of other types of foods. Stick more meat and bread in your diet. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that'll help out a bit.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    eat more but also work your muscles you want to gain muscle not fat, be sure to eat good fats like peanuts and avacado oils, try not to eat too many saturated fats red meat and such

10. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you'll be surprised, but eat a LOT of protein and work out, that way you'll gain muscle and not fat.

11. whiterosebeka

so, my guess is this, drink pediasure or carnation, and load myself up with meats and carbs? while making a routine to work out.
    that's not hard! i wish i knew this back in the day though lol.

thank you everyone! :grin:

12. interstella

McDonalds. All day err'day.
    No but seriously, just... eat more protein and work out lots, I guess.
    Idk. I have the opposite problem.

13. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Chill. For someone less than 5 feet, being under 100 pounds shouldn't be a big concern. Be happy with your body (hypocritical, I know. I wish I could be happy with mine too.)