1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate my hips.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pseudojim, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I seem to have hip trouble during sex.

I'm fairly tall, about 191cm (about 6'3"), and average weight, about 80kgs (about.... 175lbs?)

when having sex from any position requiring my legs to be spread open to any degree, my hips really start to hurt. After a short amount of time, maybe a couple of minutes, i have to switch positions again, especially if there is any weight from my torso on my hips, which more often than not there is.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Has anyone had this and overcome it?

2. KaraBulut

Is the discomfort in the muscles in your hip or from the joint? Is it more on one side- or just a generalized pain?

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's in both sides, about equal. It doesn't FEEL like it's muscular, i'd hazard a guess that it's centred in the joint, but it mightn't be, i really don't know.

4. Aya McCabre

I sympathise. Mine isn't the same thing but yeah, I get why it sucks. There might be some exercises you can do.... I got given some to try and strengthen the tissue around the joints. Just google them.... it's what my doctor did so it's probably not wirth spending money to get told what to do. Just make sure you see a doctor if it gets worse. I say this because I've been seeing doctors for ten years and they still say nothing's wrong. It's got to the point where flare-ups can mean I can barely walk and I still get no help, so if it looks like it might become a problem somewhere down the line then it might pay to get in quick and get it on the record.

Edit: OK maybe it it's more like mine than I thought. Mine started with my hips clicking as I walk. It affects both sides about equally but not necessarily at the same time. It comes and goes and it feels like it's swollen inside the joint, or like my hips are too far apart and they don't fit my body. That's when it gets bad.... most of the time it's just the clicking (sometimes painful, usually not. I only know it's constant because you can feel it if you put your hand over it) and they can click out of place and sometimes be quite painful to get back in line. Does that sound familiar? Or partly familiar? I think I was given the exercises because it feels like it's in the joint but xrays show nothing so they think it's likely to be muscle or soft tissue. I disagree with that, but that's their reasoning so if that part sounds right then maybe look up some exercises.

#4 Aya McCabre, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. Okay, this is going to sound weird, but do you own good shoes?

Honestly when I had a lot of weird joint pain in my knees and hips, it was almost entirely cleared up by wearing different shoes that were better for my feet.

But doing exercises to strengthen the area probably couldn't hurt, either.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my hips never click or crack. My knees do all the time, but they're never painful.

the ONLY trouble i have with my hips is during sex when my legs are spread, which happens most often when i'm on top, for example, because i need to get as low to the bed as possible...

I've got work-around solutions, but it would really be nice to be able to have sex without worrying about my stupid hips

7. Mister Gaga

I had sex in that position and it hurt me for the next 2 days, so I guess the problem comes from those uncomfortable positions.

#7 Mister Gaga, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, whatever i have is different. No prolonged pain, just really acute pain when i try to do the deed

9. Tracy Lord

What is your level of physical fitness?

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately, better than it has been, i've been getting fit for an 11 kilometre run in a few weeks.

but pretty poor =P

11. Tracy Lord

Sex is a sport, my friend; you may want to train for it, too. Even just regular yoga sessions will stretch and strengthen those muscles. Weight training is great, too. Then again, there are also exercises just using your bodyweight, if you prefer that route.

12. KaraBulut

It's not a quick solution, but you might give some thought to yoga. These sorts of problems can be improved with flexibility and strengthening that yoga will address.

13. Aya McCabre

Again, look at exercises aimed at helping hip problems. They want people to actually do them, so they've been designed not to disrupt your day and you don't have to spend lots of time on them.