1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sexy toe

I've treated it as athletes foot and a callus and neither has helped it. I put lotion on it daily (which I stopped doing for awhile to see what would happen..it got worse.)

So..what do you think it is?

2. KaraBulut

It is hard to tell from the picture but it doesn't look like a fungal infection. If it is draining fluid, it's more likely to be a bacterial infection.

You can try soaking it in a solution of warm water and laundry detergent like Tide for about 15-20 minutes twice a day. Then dry it with a paper towel, apply a bandaid with a bit of neosporin ointment on it.

If it doesn't improve in 3 days, have your doctor take a look at it.

3. flymetothemoon

Like the poster above mentioned, is it draining anything? Or is it just really dry and cracked? If it's just cracked, it could just be that your skin got really dry and cracked open, and if that's the case, it will take more than a little lotion to make it better. If it's an infection, you may need to see a doctor to get prescription medication if nothing over the counter is working.

4. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The surface is extremely dry and cracked, as you can see in the picture it looks like there's a hole.

That's because sometimes when I am walking it gets caught on my sock and rips some of the skin off. Then it hurst to walk on it, so I have to rip it off (resulting in a hold in the skin.)

When I do take the extra skin off, it feels moist..kind of like it is sweaty. It doesn't bleed though..as if the rough skin is an extra layer of skin. :/

5. whiterosebeka

i have that same problem. i have no clue of how to get rid of it. right now i'm using 100% real Shea butter imported from Africa, its actually working better then regular lotion. you could try that. and i was going to try Tea Tree Oil if the 100% real Shea Butter didn't help.

its a crappy problem! i'm not sure what it is, and its really embarrassing.

i hope that it does go away! mine seems to be getting a bit better, i've used the Shea butter for two weeks now. i'm not consistent with applying it, although i should be. but i have found that using a clean sock, rub the shea butter on it, right before you go to bed, and put the sock on.