1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Earring Issue

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Grof142007, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Grof142007

I think i would never be Starting a topic in here -.-

Well Way back in May ish i got my right cartilage Pierce well now it November and i have change it a total of 3 times. well when i got my hair done (Check My space to view) my Aunt put a new Earring in it was very Tight on the Ear. I wore it all day then i came home and took it out cause it was starting to hurt.

Well my aunt look at my ear and told me to leave the earring out so the swelling will go down. Well that was last night. When i woke up this morning i find that my front side of my ear has a blood clot so i took some alcohol and clean it away. well the back part i thought had a blood clot 2 but come upon closer inspection it look like it kinda exploded. When i say that i mean it had a little swelling lump an at the top it Burst open.

Now it not doing any major bleeding it just like it burst open. I very worried that this isn't right. my Mom says we MIGHT have to get it check out but i SO don't want that to happen( i will feel horrible) i think the reason it like this is because i didn't take care of it properly when i got it done. I just clean it 3 time a day. i really didn't pull it back and forth and rotate it. only reason i didn't do that because it was 2 painful. i think i want to let it try and heal for a couple of days but i don't want my hole to close up.

I'm scared that my hole will close up and frankly I'm not going Through another piercing unless it my bottom earlobe where it much easier to manage (sorry if that was 2 long and confusing)

2. Grof142007

#2 Grof142007, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  3. donnie5

the whole i had in my ear closed in two weeks

4. biisme

what i did when my ear got infected and i didn't want to remove the earring, was : take the solution to clean ur ears that u get when u pierce it and wet a small ball of toilet paper with it. i then band-aided it to my ear overnight for about a week (obviously a new one every night) and cleaned it multiple times a day. i actually left the earring out for the first 3 days at night, but then wore it during the day to keep the hole open. other than that, i kept it in during this whole thing. it worked really well and mine was infected really badly (ie: swollen, oozing, lumpy, boody and torn---it was torn b/c i tired to "pop" the infectious bubble lik a pimple, and it didn't like that :slight_smile: ). it was lik completely healed in two weeks.

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

sounds badly infected. i have a stubborn peircing like that. after repeircing and regauging it 4x i just took it out. my whole ear was hurting. i say clean it. keep it in. clean it every chance you get. and wash your hands first! thats how to keep it. you need to get over the pain if you want the peircing. peircings hurt. thats just the price we pay for love!

6. Grof142007

Ok im going to go clean it and put it back in =) thnks for advice

7. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

With your description and what I could see on the video from youtube, one of three things could be going on. 1) infection and it would require a lot of clean up and keeping it clean, leaving the ear ring in as much as possible. 2) Keloid - A keloid is a type of scar which results in an overgrowth of tissue at the site of a healed skin injury. Keloids are firm, rubbery lesions or shiny, fibrous nodules and can vary from pink to flesh-colored or red to dark brown in color. 3) Allergic reaction to the metal of the ear ring. Some people require 18K gold or better, gold plated rings and studs the metal wears off fairly quickly and a lot have copper under, many people will react to the copper. Some can't get along with silver or sterling silver.

My more educated guess from what I saw and it wasn't all that well seen, I think you may have a keloid formation taking place caused by the trauma of the original piercing and with the tight fit of the backing of the stud later. It may calm, but if not, would say remove the piercing and let heal. Keloids are basically proud flesh and can get worse if the irritating cause is not removed. Some fade, most do not and it is not always possible to say with removal of the keloid another worse one won't take its place when healed.

Only time will tell for now pal.

8. Bryan

Sounds bad... I would go see an ENT, or a family doctor could probably help you with that

9. biisme

be sure to tell us if it gets better