1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hearing things

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by lulu165, Jun 15, 2011.

1. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

No. Not voices.
    No. Not creaks from an old building or a cat outside my window.
    But of course, I hear those things too.

I hear things that are not there. For example the other day it was late after school. Maybe 3:30ish (an hour after school) and most kids were gone. I was under a set of stairs on the first floor of the building, walking into a classroom (We have this program JROTC that most people in the school dont like so our classroom is under the stairs. Its probably the safest, cleanest, quietest part of the school) when I heard this noise, I can best describe it as a helicopter but it was very very loud. I had to stop walking and put my hands to my ears. I also made a face like this >.< Once this past I looked up to see one of my peers completely confused. He didnt hear a thing, nor did either of the instructors.

Situations like this have been happening to me more and more frequently. Should I worry?

I want to add that when I listen to music, I dont listen to it loudly. I barely ever have my mp3 player with me but even then the music is not loud

#1 lulu165, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  2. Jay

Jay

In my non-medical opinion: Should you worry? Not really. Should you have it checked? Totally. Anything that isn't "normal" should be checked ASAP.

Ps. Your avatar is cute!

3. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

I lack Medical Insurance

4. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    three words, free health clinic, they generally have a short waiting list, and charge based on income and ability to pay, best of luck

5. whiterosebeka

i have never heard of the helicopter thing...
    but i do hear my name being called when no one is around.

i'd say go to a free health clinic. if they know nothing, see if you can find a free clinic for those with mental health issues. but i doubt its anything abnormal with your mentality, it may just be that something is off balanced with your ears.

6. DarkClarity

I'd say going to a doctor is the best option. I doubt it's anything serious though.

I sometimes hear my name being called out when I listen to music.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds (in pun intended) like there is something causing pressure changes in your ear, you'l wanna get this checked out