1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Lesbian Sex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bookworm43, Jul 1, 2011.

1. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

I'm just gonna be blunt and jump right into it. They give you all those safe sex lectures at school; how to not get pregnant, how to not get an STD, etc. But they don't talk about gay sex, which sucks, because that results in a lot of ignorance. So. I need all of you older/smarter ECers to tell me about it. How does safe sex work? How would a condom or other protective gear work itself in there? And is there really a such thing as a condom for girls? Please, just tell me all you know. I don't even have a girlfriend, so sex isn't exactly in the ballpark, but it's still important to be informed. And if you know any websites that talk about this kind of thing, please share. I really appreciate any information given! :thumbsup:

2. Eponine

Hey, here is a link to the section in our resources for lesbian sex. I'd say it's a great point to start at, and then you can ask any specific questions you have that are not addressed there or anywhere in our resources.

We have a great amount of info in our resources section, so be sure to check it out.

3. StarofMiyu

i really don't understand how lesbian sex can be unsafe...if no one has any STI's what's unsafe? xD

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that is worrying. They certainly taught us all about the safety aspects of gay and straight sex

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2011 at 07:09 PM ----------

that's just the point, someone might.

5. Katelynn

I've actually done a little reading because I was curious about this & it is actually very important to have safe sex when you're with female partners. The Resources tab on this site will send you to a page with a link to a page with LOTS of good advice of how to have safe lesbian sex. A little of it I did know, but there was a lot I didn't, so I was very glad to have found it all! You should find it helpful too!

Edit: Someone already posted a link to the page here, so just ignore me, I'm being blond again!

6. Zontar

>Australia

In the US, you'd be fortunate if the school even told you about condoms.

7. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

Like heck they'd even ADMIT that there are some gay students in our school. Nope, no helpful talks for us...which is why it's awesome that this site is so helpful. I didn't know there was a page about this here lol