1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have an eating disorder. now what?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Nov 16, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

i know i'm either anorexic, bulimic, or both. and i don't know what to do. i have a hate (now) of food and a big fear of being fat and an extreme want to be super skinny. i don't binge. i rarely eat much at all. but when i do (not including breakfast) i just purge it anyway. i dont want to be weak or have my muscles cannibalized by my own body. but i want to stay skinny and such. i'm just so confused! i don't know whats me or whats the disease anymore. i just don't know what to do...:help: :icon_redf :icon_sad: :confused:

2. biisme

you need to get help for it. you need to eat. you can eat, be healthy, and still be skinny. and, right now, staying alive is more important than being skinny. tell someone you trust. ask for help. the sooner the better.

3. InaRut

And the fact of the matter is, the worst your body gets, eventually someone is going to notice. So why not get help now before things get difficult.

4. ketivnilloc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is one problem with getting help, and it is really horrible. A fair number of doctors/psychologists won't diagnose an eating disorder until it has gotten extreme, and it doesn't seem that way for you yet.
    But, the best thing for you to do, is to try to get help. Getting help is really the only way for you to feel better, and we all want you to get better.

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

my family and friends (the few i have) know i'm trying to starve myself. but thats it. i know i need too, but i'm scared. i'll try to start taking a multi-vitamin. i don't want to get sick

6. SpikySpice

Taking teh multi-vitamin is not as healthy as eating. They create thsoe thinsg just for thsoe who are not able to eat, but Im sure you can eat

Im having teh smae problems, I dont liek to eat anymore, not for my beauty, diet or anything, it's just that I hate eating, i eat not for pleasuer but because im forced to

7. CrimsonThunder

Why dont you try eating your favorite food if you have one.

8. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eating disorders are very serious. I strongly urge you to go and get some help with it. Trying to cure it yourself will most probably not work, and it will most probably result in you feeling alot worse. It has very nasty complications. :frowning2:

9. xxAngelOnFirexx

thanks for all your advice. i did make cookies yesterday and even if at first it was hard for me to eat them they are really good. and my moms getting me to eat dinner tonight.

10. SpikySpice

That's good, hope you enjoy eating more:slight_smile:

11. Urman

Urman Guest

You should go to the doctor to get looked at personally i need to eat less

12. biisme

i'm glad you're eating some more. keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

13. jroakwood

... and just think about how much you'll ruin your metabolism as youre older.
    and that'd suck. cause you eat like.. one thing and gain 5 lbs.
    (i know a lady who was anorexic when she was younger. and now her calorie intake is limited soooo much. cause her metabolism was destroyed. and now she can only eat so much every day, even if she is hungry. because she'll get huge.)
    so eat healthy, be happy, work out if youre afraid of gaining weight.

(but it probably isnt that easy for you.)

14. xxAngelOnFirexx

from my 'Extreme Fatigue" Thread
    well here's my update
    she really wants to send me to the eating disorder hosptial. i told her i didn't want to go. shes like "well what do you want me to do?" i was like just help me get better on my own first. if i don't after a while then i guess i'll have to go. but i said not to force me to eat bad food. she said she wouldn't. we agreed on fruit, jello, and simple carbs. because i told her that anything else under my 'rule' i would want to throw up and feel guilty and bad. we also decided that the plan would be that i eat the good foods and after i eat i can't go to the bathroom for an hour. i said okay long as you don't make me eat bad foods or let me eat them then i won't feel guitly into throwing up. so basically i'm trying to get better without the hospital.
    i know its going to be really hard and i'm scared. please wish me luck and support!
    :tears:

15. Grof142007

Yeah it going to be hard but that why u got us *hugs*

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You have our support Morgan! Get the help that you need.

17. Steam Giant

Hehe well you know I readily and happily support you in this! ^^ But I thought it'd be good to make it publically known, hehe! Good luck, Morgan! This is your turning point ^^ and you will get better! (*hug*)

18. Louise

Without actually going to the hospital could you at least go and see a dieticien. This is someone speciallies in dietry habits and the needs of the human body. This person will be able to take in all our medical history, the person that you are and your needs. Then they can discuss a diet that is acceptable to you and healthy at the same time.

I talked to you breifly on diet in your 'extreme fatigue' thread. I have since birth had issues with food and have tried to keep myself informed of different nutritional regimes from the wierd and wonderful to the more reasonable but none of them mentioned jello as being nutritious.

Without meaning to be harsh, it is not for you a girl of 15 to decide what is 'good' food and what is 'bad'. You need to trust a professional adult in this domaine.

In ordder to function properly your body NEEDS
    Protien
    Carbohydrates
    Sugar (unrefined if possible)

Added to that are all the vitamins and minerals which keep you healthy.

Without wanting to bring you down, you can't get over this by yourself; just you and your mum, the issues go deeper than anorexia or bulemia. The real issue is Why do you feel this need to control your body in this way? Until you have found the answer to this question you can't really get better. So please, please let yourself get some help.(*hug*)