1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun burn and blisters omg. help....

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by whiterosebeka, Jul 6, 2011.

1. whiterosebeka

so, i tried out that job. and it was me walking around tryin to find people that would have their windshield replaced. well it consisted of me in the sun for 2 weeks...every day aside from sats and sundays. i decided i didn't get along with the job and quit. here's the thing.

i have fair skin and freckles and somewhat red hair, (scots-irish) well, i never remembered to always apply sun block. so for a week i forgot to. so i was out in the sun walking around from 8 am to around 5 pm. now i'm badly sun burnt. on one arm atleast.

so i haven't been on the job since this past friday. but the sun burn is now starting to blister and peel on the back of my hand and a little past my wrist. idk i'm freaking out. i've started applying 100% real shea butter....

what is it? is it sun poisoning? or is it just me freaking out over nothing?

2. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

This happened to my brothers ex fiancee everytime she sunburned. She has really sensitive skin. Anyway to combat it all she did was apply aloe vera untill it was gone.

3. TheWanderer

red head with very sensitive skin here got sun poisoning once. It sucked. You shouldnt be concerned unless 1) it hurts really bad. 2) if you notice any sort of discharge.

Anyhow sunburns will blister and peel. Its the natural process of your body shedding dead skin. Take a look at some actaul pictures of sun poisoning and skin cancer. Im sure you will see a major difference to what is there and on your hand.

But if you are concerned you could always go to see a doctor or what is it a dermatologist????

4. KaraBulut

There are sunburn creams that you can buy at pharmacies/chemists shops. Most have a combination of an anesthestic and hydrocortisone. While you're there, buy a sunblock cream and use it anytime you go outside- particularly now while you have a sunburn.

5. RaeofLite

ALOE VERA! Works wonders on cooling it and minimizing any scaring.

6. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you can also take tylenol for light pain, solarcain will offer pretty immediate relief, and using aloe vera with lidocain will help it heal, I've had 2nd degree sunburns myself, also being a ginger, best of luck to you, i know it hurts like hell

7. suninthesky

Yogurt! No, really. People think I'm crazy, but it works. Just put it on your arm and wrap it with saran wrap.