1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abdominal binders

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Emberstone, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Emberstone

I have been working out heavily to gain muscle for the last few years, and as I gained muscle (expecially in my glutes), my pants have fit tighter. I am not overweight (I have the low end of my healthy body fat percentage), but because my pants fit more snuggly due to having a butt now (before working out, it was fairly flat), and so the fat that had been around my hips, and just above my crotch (but below my belly button) has migrated upwards, giving me the apperence of love handles.

Someone said that you can get abdominal binders that you can wrap around your midsection to compress it, giving the instant illusion of a flat stomach... but what I am wondering if because my pants were fitting tighter pushed the fat up, redistributing it, if a abdominal binder might work in the same way to redistribute the fat so I don't have the love handles. Then, when I can afford it, I can get new pants.

honestly, the spare tire is the only thing I am self-conciouse of.

those this sound feasiable/possible, or like a buch of bull?

2. KaraBulut

Hmm. Well, you can buy a compression undershirt like Spanx but they tend to be expensive. There are some more affordable brands that I've seen in men's underwear sections in department stores. There are also abdominal binders but they are usually velcro based and tend to be bulky and noisy.

It might make more sense to buy trousers a size larger to fit your seat and then have them altered in the waist to fit.

3. Emberstone

well, I am hoping that between now and when I can afford to replace all my pants, I can find a way to redistribute my fat cells in my torso to what they should be first so when I do tailor my new pants, they will fit properly. below where the waistline of my pants are now, there isnt much fat at all, just the lower portion of my abdominals.