1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testicle pain and bump

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Phantasma, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Phantasma

I had a full physical including thorough testicular examination back in February/March of this year. The doctor found nothing of concern.

In the last couple of weeks my boyfriend has noticed what he describes as two small bumps on my left testicle. I kinda shook it off (his mentioning of it, not the bumps :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and didn't think a great deal about it. However, I've started to have some pain in that testicle. Whether it's me making a deal out of nothing (I'm great at doing that) or not, I'm not sure.

The pain comes and goes and is not anything intense. It's more of a kind of dull, lingering discomfort in the testicle when it does appear. I haven't had it for probably a week now, but it can hang around when it shows up. We're not talking hours here or any significantly prolonged period, but a decent while.

I got out of the shower a little while ago and while I was cleaning the area I felt one of the bumps. I decided to actually inspect this time instead of ignoring it. Cause you know. That was stupid of me before. So I was/am unable to find the second bump he was talking about, but there is definitely one that is easy to find. It's not attached to the testicle from what I can tell because I am able to slightlymove it around via pushing, but it does feel up against the surface of the testicle at the same time. Pushing on it causes pain. However touching/pushing/lightly squeezing any other area of the same testicle causes no reaction at all.

Thoughts?

2. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Im pretty sure its just a cyst but get it checked out in case its malignant.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely get to a doctor. Something that causes pain in that area is NOT something you should just leave.

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah i agree with everyone here... if you get bubs on your body (any where on your body) and it cause irritation or slight pain or any other discomfort it is of vital importance to seek medical advice.

With all the cancers and other sicknesses out there in the world, one can never be too sure about anything. There is a golden rule about health: PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE

if it turns out to be something life threatening then having it cheacked early when you discover it can mean the difference of early diagnostics and healing than years of pain and suffering which might end up in death if left ignored.

Good luck Phantasma

5. KaraBulut

As a rule, testicular cancer is not painful. In later stages, it can cause swelling of the testis with pain but the pain is more related to the swelling and not the cancer itself.

When in doubt, it's better to see your doctor for an exam. If there's uncertainty about what it is, a testicular ultrasound is ordered to come up with a definitive diagnosis.