1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Ejaculation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ToTheCeilingFan, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ToTheCeilingFan

This is awkward. :icon_redf I'm biologically a girl, and I've discovered that I ejaculate when I orgasm (no, it's not pee). I'm wondering if this changes things in terms of what kind of protection I need to use. What exactly does female ejaculate consist of? I know that it's not unheard of for women to ejaculate, but what does the ejaculate consist of and does it impose any added threat of getting/spreading STDs? (I'm a lesbian, and I'm not yet sexually active). Thanks! (*hug*)

2. roborama

why is it that whenever i see your threads or answers i totally relate? i was kind of wondering this myself

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

i'm wonderin too...i've never even had an orgasm b4...jeez, why is this topic so uncomfortable lol

4. KaraBulut

It's a complicated issue because there are different conditions that people refer to as "female ejaculation". Excess vaginal lubrication produced along with orgasm is called "ejaculate". A fluid similar to male prostate fluid is produced in small quantities during female orgasm is called "ejaculate". But also a large volume of fluid expelled during orgasm (generally believed to be urine) is called "ejaculate".

Each of these fluids is treated the same. Safer sex practices would address each as potentially transmissable for more conventional STDs but low risk for HIV.

5. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

wow...i don't mean to sound stupid or anything (well, that may not b able to b helped, im a 14 year old who doesn't get good sex ed at school), but it's not REALLY urine...is it?

6. ToTheCeilingFan

Ugh tell me about it, they don't teach us anything in sex ed. I think some women pee when they orgasm, but others actually ejaculate fluid that isn't urine? Don't quote me on this.

7. KaraBulut

We're not sure actually.

It's something that is relatively rare, so it hasn't been studied. And even with women who do ejaculate, there are variances in the origin, so even the studies don't answer the question.

There was a study of a group of women who had large volumes of ejaculate. The most logical question was if there was that much volume- where in the pelvis could it be stored? To test whether it was urine, they inserted a catheter into the women's bladders and then stimulated them to orgasm. They found that the fluid did pass through the catheter, which led them to the conclusion that it was coming from the bladder (and was presumed to be urine).

8. lilamae

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    this is an excellent question and not as rare of a situation as many believe. As with many aspects of the female body and sexuality, there are associated shames and taboo. There's a lot of forth coming literature and studies regarding female ejaculation, or 'squirting.' Some believe that it's urine since it passes through the urethra, while many (myself included) believe its a mixture of liquids but primarily produced by the urethral sponge and Skene glands. Some people have very strong opinions on what it is and what it isn't, but the truth of the matter is that there is not a large consensus in the medical community.

That said, as a female who does experience this ejaculation, I can tell you that it's perfectly normal and that many women probably can ejaculate if they relaxed more and received the appropriate stimulation. Most women state that they experience a stronger, more pleasurable orgasm when they ejaculate.

The amount of liquid ejaculated varies from woman to woman and from time to time. Towels are a commonly used (1) quick and easy to fold and place under hips and (2) easy to toss in the washer. I don't recommend repeated ejaculation on mattresses, sheets, etc without proper laundering care. As with any organic material, overtime it will breakdown, decay, attract bacteria and emit an odor.

I cannot stress enough how normal and 'okay' it is for woman to ejaculate. There is no shame or need to hide about it! More and more woman are embracing this aspect about themselves and celebrating their sexuality.

I hope this was mildly helpful. There's a lot of info out there. When you further research, (as with any subject) exercise common sense and embrace your individuality!

9. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Laci here has a nice video about female ejaculation. (A link to part two is in the description.) She's a fairly popular Youtuber who currently make educational sex, relationship and body image videos in an Ask Alice type of format.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIUt83srvc[/YOUTUBE]

10. ToTheCeilingFan

Dude that was super helpful, thanks so much! :slight_smile:

11. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any time!