1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tennis!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I like playing Tennis but im not very good soo im wondering, any ways i can pratice by myself till im better so i can play with friends? they've all been playing since like forever and i only dabbled with it a bit like last year - but enjoyed it loads!

sooo....

2. Kimi

Get one of those tennis ball that has string and when you hit it, it will back at you so you can do some rally. Or you can get a personal trainer or get into some clubs or classes.

But joining to a club or playing with person would be the best way to improve your skill:thumbsup:

3. Louise

You could try hitting a tennis ball against a wall or a set of garden tennis (you know the pole stuck in the ground with a tennis ball on a string that goes round and round) but nothing beats playing against someone.

Either tell your friends that you are just beginning then they won't expect too much from you or find another friend who hasn't yet played tennis and practice together untill you feel confident enough to match yourself against your other friends.

4. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sort of like Louise's suggestion, raquetball is a great way to practice for tennis. I've been playing raquetball since I was around ten and I played tennis for the first time about a year ago to discover I was pretty good at it. Not many places have courts for them, unfortunately.