1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decrease and increase in sex drive.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheWanderer, Jul 28, 2011.

1. TheWanderer

basically the title says it all. recently i have noticed that for a while my sex drive dropped to the point where i didnt care about sex. now im at a point where i want it almost daily. as i write this im getting ready to meet a guy i met online for a quick hookup. My question is, is it normal to have fluctuations in sex drive like this? Am I reading way too far into this?

2. Mogget

I have fluctuations like that in my sex drive.

3. KaotikPrincess

I have fluctuations like that as well but it's a little different for me because I blame my hormone levels. My levels are so irregular it's annoying. I have to take Birth control to regulate my cycle or else I won't have a period and that's not acceptable for me, especially being sexually active.

There are times when I am horny off the walls and want to have sex 3 times a day but other times I don't want it at all for up to 2 weeks. During my cycle the thought of sex discusts me and then when it ends I want it so bad I will explode if I don't get it lol.

Anyways, it could be normal, I mean guys have estrogen too so maybe for you at times it's higher than others? Lol I'm not a medical expert so not sure if what I'm saying is valid or not :eusa_liar

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you're 24 years old, I'd say it's pretty normal. I'm 23, and I'm horny constantly which for some might consider abnormal since like I will j/o like 8 times a day sometimes....I have an overactive drive lol Be glad there are times where you don't want it.

5. TheWanderer

Thanks for the replies. Seems like Im probably just being overly concerned, which is typical of me.

6. Zontar

I'm one of those people who border on sex addiction. I have this remarkably crazy sex drive I just can't rid myself of. You'd think I'd have gotten laid by this point too...

7. KaotikPrincess

I think my boyfriend has this problem too. No matter how much he and I have sex he still wants to have sex with every cute big boobed girl he sees... that's one of the reasons we have an open relationship is because I'm cool and understanding like that. (plus I get to sleep with other girls too :thumbsup:)

.:: Don't worry, we have safe sex ::.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally normal. It happens to me all the time and I've never even had sex. Actually mine's quite high at the moment, hehe XD

9. TheWanderer

lol... Where sparkles be hiding????

10. KaraBulut

There are a lot of factors that cause fluctuations in libido. Time and boredom are big drivers which is why summer vacation from school tends to increase libido. Some people are sensitive to seasonal changes. Mood changes, stress, exercise- all can cause increases or decreases in sex drive.

But there are also other factors at play. A lot of people who have compulsive sexual activity aren't doing it solely to satisfy their libido.

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah totally normal