1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abominable dreams

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pseudojim, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    last night i was in bed for 12 hours after having gone to bed nice and early at 8 pm, but only managed about 2 hours sleep. I don't remember much of them but now it's 11 a.m. and i am still shaky, mildly nauseous and feel as though my head's been through a blender.

I do remember what happened first, but it's going to be hard to describe. i was calmly asleep and all of a sudden i felt my brain just all of a sudden jump into a horrible, torturous state of alarm, accompanied with complete impotence to do anything. I was stuck in the most disgusting feeling of discontent i've ever felt in my life. It lasted a good few seconds i think, i don't know, it felt interminable.

I don't remember any of the rest of the night, really, besides vague feelings of desperation, frustration, discomfort, dis-empowerment...

I don't know what any of this means but i feel awful today, and a lot of the feelings that came seemingly from nowhere remain. I feel sick and sore and empty. I'm at work right now and working is feeling impossible. wtf?

2. theWorldisYours

to be honest, I have no idea what you went through. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I have a couple of ideas, but they are just theories. My roommate in college told me he experienced something called sleep paralysis, where he would wake up, and literally not be able to do anything. He said he couldn't move, and it was a very scary experience. Also some people suffer from night terrors, I haven't been in psych class for a couple of years so I don't remember a lot about them. I hope you don't have to go through any of that again.

3. AngelicDemonic

My first two thoughts are flashbacks and night terrors.

If you've never been abused, the latter.

I don't have terrors, but lately I've been dealing with graphic nightmares for the past month/two. Relaxing before going to bed can help, as can getting whatever's going on in geneal off your plate before going to bed.
    Whatever helps you wind down, normally.

Also, you feel like shit now because you got 2 hours of fitfull sleep. No kidding.

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah nothing to flash back to.

and it's not just feeling like shit in a tired sense, making a point of that would be trite if that were the end of it. I feel emotionally like shit, like nothing i've ever felt before. It's in the pit of my stomach, in my head, as well as in my body, everywhere. I've had bad nights of sleep many times in the past, sometimes due to dreams or even nightmares... but nothing like this.

5. KaraBulut

It sounds like a parasomnia-most likely a night terror.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    would the effects of that persist so long?

7. AngelicDemonic

Emotional/physical effects from shit like that can last for a day or two, yes.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yuck. everything sounds and looks different too, it's like someone went and rearranged the laws of physics behind my back. Everything's muffled, visually and audially.

anything i can do to get rid of this shiz?

#8 Pseudojim, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  9. aerwolfen

I'm no expert nor pretend to be,for my two cents,I say get a physical, I only say this because it could be heart related,you've experienced some major skipped beats your heart racing giving you strange feelings,I understand your young, but a simple check up couldn't hurt,And I say this because I suffer from skipped beats ,racing heart,hence the pacemaker.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have a pre-existing heart condition but it isn't uncommon