1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed Up Finger

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thedreamwatch, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Okay, I will fully admit that this is kind of stupid, but even after googling it I can't figure out how to make my finger stop hurting.

I don't know how it happened, but for the last week or so, my left index finger has hurt super bad right in the big knuckle connecting it to my hand and the pain is moving down to the tip as time goes on. It's stiff, the soft tissue seems like it won't allow my finger to straighten properly, like a cold rubber band and there's no way I can rest it on anything without it hurting. The knuckle won't crack and everything is swollen.

And lemme tell ya, I have tried icing for fifteen minutes a few times a day, regular doses of ibuprofen to reduce swelling, elevation, etc...things you're supposed to do for sprains.

I try to not use it, but that's impossible, frankly. Without it I can't type, do dishes, wash my hair or cook! And the pain is getting worse.

But the problem is, I feel really stupid thinking about going to the doctor because my finger hurts. I don't want to go in there and have them tell me that I just need to wait for it to get better. :eusa_doh:

Anyone else had this?

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i havent but reccommend 811 maybe if ur in canada

3. lol nope. US, but thanks :slight_smile:

4. KaraBulut

Since it has been a week, you should probably have an xray. After the xray, they can better decide whether it needs to be splinted or whether there's something more serious wrong with it.

5. Ah crap, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks KB. :slight_smile: