1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some info

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Shebbs, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Shebbs

I was just diagnosed with mono.
    I was just wondering if someone could give me some info on it? Experiences? Anything? Haha.

What annoyances do I have to look forward to?

2. flymetothemoon

I'm sure you probably already figured out you will likely be SUPER exhausted like all the time. My brother had it when we were younger, and that's all I really remember. Oh, and as soon as anyone hears you have/had mono, they'll likely make jokes about who you have been kissing.

3. Katelynn

I had mono when I was in college. I was mostly just completely unable to get out of bed the whole time. I think I spent like a week in bed, so you'll probably find yourself completely exhausted without even having done anything at all...

4. Shebbs

Yeah, my own mother has started the jokes. My friends are more worried about me than anything. They're also worried about my parents safty because I may end up murdering them, because I hate spending time at home. XD

I'm super sleepy and just feel like complete crap.

5. Guitarguy

ya mono sucks
    but at least it goes away (eventually)

6. KaraBulut

Rest is probably the key thing for people with mono. There's a couple of reasons why.

• Fatigue is an issue. People with mono usually complain of being tired and exhausted. They spend a lot of time sleeping. That's not a bad thing.
    • One of the possible risks for the person with mono is enlargement of the spleen. Over-extertion worsens the problem and can actually cause complications. When they tell you to rest and not be too active, that is why.