1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P90X/10 Minute Trainer/Insanity?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Messed Up, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Does it work? Has anyone here had success with those exercise workout programs like P90X? What about Insanity? I have 10 Minute Trainer and I wanna know is it good? Advice, please.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the Insanity workout and will be starting it soon. :slight_smile:

If you can stick at it and follow the program properly then there's no reason it won't give good results. I'm not expecting the type of results you see in the adverts, but those who have posted their pictures and results on the Facebook page have toned up pretty well and are all happy with the improvements, so it sounds like it can be a good program if done correctly.

However, it also looks like an extremely challenging one. The amount of warnings it gives before you even start is rather intimidating (for me anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and it isn't something that you can just jump straight into. I've only looked at the DVD exercises so far because I want to be fully prepared for what I'll be doing, and the exercises on it really do look like one hell of a difficult workout. Even the trainers on it are sweating all over the place and needing to rest during it, so I can see why it does produce the results it says after 60 days.

If you are motivated enough then I'd recommend going for it. I don't enjoy gyms or boring exercises like sit-ups and crunches, so a program like Insanity is useful for me. It's just also going to hurt me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Martin.

3. redstormrising

my old boss did insanity and loved it. i don't think i'm quite up to that yet, but i have done (and just restarted) jillian michaels' 30 day shred

4. KaraBulut

If you're in fairly good cardiovascular health, these workouts do work. If you're not in great shape, it can be discouraging as it is a very intense workout. As with any workout- it's sticking with it that is important. Persistence is always more important than which workout you chose.