1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanishing IBS?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lady Gaga, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So awhile ago I made a thread about my extreme IBS symptoms.

Now it is completely gone. The last really bad day I had was in early June but now I very rarely have those symptoms. I still get random stabbing pains in my stomach, and my stools are often very light and pencil thin. Those are the only real symptoms of anything that remain.

I haven't changed any of my eating or exercise habits. They're still the same. I probably should change them though to get back on track with losing weight though.

I first thought over the summer that I must just have been stressed from school, but now I am working and in school but nothing is happening.

I guess my real questions are, should is the fact that it just miraculously disappeared without any reason a sign that it isn't IBS and could it possibly come back?

I should probably talk to my doctor about this. :|

2. Porphyrogenitus

You suffering from fatigue at all?

Basically, though, talk to your doctor, but if he had no idea before, he'll probably just tell you to keep an eye on yourself and come back if the symptoms return. The disappearence could mean anything or nothing, I'm afraid.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Porphyrogenitus. If things are generally OK now then there is no need for the doctor to do anything and he will probably just say to come back if anything changes. He may well note on your records the current situation though, so it may be worth going just so that the history of the condition is recorded.

I haven't read the other thread but maybe if you can get a bit more fibre in your diet that will help bulk up your stools. Perhaps a bowl of some high fibre breakfast cereal each day? I have either bran flakes or Weetabix most mornings for that reason.

4. KaraBulut

If you have been diagnosed with IBS, it is the nature of the disorder that there are alternating periods of diarrhea, constipation and normal bowel movements.

5. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not anymore.
    I do eat a lot of fiber, it doesn't help that much. But I shall take it up with my doctor.
    Yes, but it's not normal for it to completely dissappear in nearly every single aspect after years of constant pain.