1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitching

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dantir, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Dantir

Yeah my eye keeps twitching. (lol, I wonder how many posts I've made here now - I'm like some walking abnormality. :grin:)

It's done this before, but very rarely has it been this often. Usually it would twitch for a few minutes and then it would stop for a few months, but today, it's been doing it all day. Sometimes consistently, sometimes it paused for an hour or so. Now, considering how much time I spend on the computer and the such, this isn't much of a shock to me.

However, I don't see why now, considering I've been a computer/console addict for the majority for my life. :grin: Perhaps it's something else that's caused it which I'd like to know. It suddenly started this morning when I woke up (I've slept unusually well for the past 3 days, maybe too well... I'm a heavy sleeper but not that heavy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) so I assumed because of my "rude awakening" that I left a nerve or something in there.

I just want to put my mind at rest, and prevent any potential blindness and the like (despite that being far down on the possibility list), I love my eyes!

Thanks y'all!

2. Louise

Ok can't help you much on the twitching muscle thing but I can say that there is very little chance of this making you blind.

Muscle twitching is just involuntary muscle contractions, it should go away on its own but if it doesn't you can probably get a light muscle relaxant from your pharmacy. Us girls use medication like this to help with monthly cramps, it just helps the muscles to relax and then the twitching will probably stop.

The more you worry about it the worse it will be. (*hug*)

3. biisme

i find that my eye (and other body parts) usually twitchs when i am overtired. i would recommend taking a nap!

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

My eye brow used to rarely twich ¬__¬ dunoo why it happened tho..

5. Jerr

My eyes rarely twitch but like I'll have random full body twitches... weird... lol Doesn't effect me too much.

6. Jim1454

Exactly what I was going to say! Tired and / or stressed out resulted in a twitch. Get some rest and see what happens.

7. Astaroth

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My eyelids sometimes twitch. It's a weird feeling. Comes and goes - no real pattern. I don't think there's any underlying medical reason to worry yourself about. As some of the others have said, get plenty of rest.

9. Grof142007

Same thing has happen to me it started right as i woke up and last all day i dont remeber when it stop but it did. Dont worry will go away. Doesnt it feel funny when it twitch?

10. Dantir

Heh, I forgot I made this thread!

Yeah, my twitch went away the next day. It was probably stress rather than tiredness, since it started after I woke up. Thanks for the suggestions though. :grin:

11. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Common thing to have happen and not a precursor to blindness or anything else. Seems to be associated with stress and being overly tired. There is no good medical explanation for the happening other than tired as it has been shown with most if proper sleep is obtained, the twitching has a tendency to go away.