1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kem, Sep 3, 2011.

1. kem

kem

I have this little problem. Since last September, my weight has started to go down. First from 74kg to 70, then to 65 and now I'm something between 59 and 61 kg. The problem is, I don't know why I'm losing it! I eat when I'm hungry, about 3-4 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. (I exclude small snacks like in the middle like fruit, nuts, and cereal which I usually it between the meals if I am hungry) I think I'm getting enough nutrients, at least the big three. I don't exercise regularly. I am fairly active though, for example I always walk the stairs and I cycle almost everywhere.
    Every now and then I get really tired for a short while, about 5 minutes at most and then it goes away. I'm more often hungry and thirsty than I was before. Also I think I have a low blood pressure. If I get up too fast I get dizzy and in some instances, my vision gets blurry and I can't hear as well.

Uhh, I probably gave more information than I intended to. I'd appreciate if you could help me find out what's wrong with me. To be honest I'm sort of embarrassed to ask help here, because I always feel like I'm worrying over nothing...

2. Zontar

Unexplained weight loss and exhaustion always warrants an immediate investigation into the cause, if only just to rule out cancer or other particularly onerous diseases.

Asking your doctor if some bloodwork and/or other tests are in order may be a good idea.

3. greeneyes

check it out - my roommate had the same situation and it turned out she had hyperthyroidism.

4. kem

kem

Thanks guys, I'll try to get an appointment with the school nurse and ask her opinion.

5. KaraBulut

Unexplained weight loss does warrant a trip to the doctor. Better safe than sorry.

Have you talked to your parents about the weight loss? If you haven't had a physical recently, this would be a good time to make an appointment and get checked out.

6. junea9

junea9 Guest

These are very nice tips about the weight loss thanks for writing about the topic.
    This is really going to help me a lot.

7. kem

kem

Ah! I totally missed that reply. My parents are concerned with my weight loss as well, and I'm trying to make an appointment next week. :slight_smile:

junea9 I'm glad that you found the tips in this thread helpful :slight_smile: