1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't sleep, I can't eat.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LegitRomance, Sep 3, 2011.

1. LegitRomance

For the past few days I haven't been getting much sleep, and I haven't been able to eat. Yes I try to eat, but when I do I get sick, and quite frankly, I'm sick of being sick.

I've tried everything, and my doctor says he can't find anything wrong with me. And the mental evaluater (I can't sleep, get over it) said she can't find anything wrong with me.

She even told my mom I'm faking being depressed cuz I couldn't focuse on the the test she gave me >.>
    But I have my therapist (well, previous therapist) saying I'm depressed to the extremes

I honestly have no idea where to go from here, and my mom just doesn't want to hear it. And since I know someone's gonna ask, my dad is too busy with his art to notice.

I've also tried writing and keeping a journal, I love to write but it just made it worse.

2. TraceElement

The inability to focus is a symptom of depression... as are insomnia and decreased appitite. It is still possible that you are depressed, but I am not saying for certain you are...
    As for your mom, I have have a simmilar problem with my mom not listening or believing me. I suggest keep working on sharing things with your mom, but also find another adult you trust to also confide in.

3. LegitRomance

My mom just doesn't have the time or patience to bother.
    And I knew they were, but I never really thought I was depressed until my teachers personally started asking me if I was on anti depressants or seeing a therapist for despression. Whice I'm doing neither.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @TraceElement : The inability to focus is also a symptom of not sleeping or eating...

You say you've tried eating. How long did you not eat for? Sometimes it is difficult to eat the first time after not eating for a little bit and might be uncomfortable. If you gradually build up eating should be fine again.

You may be depressed. But if this happened only for a couple days, doctor's won't diagnose you as depressed since you need to be depressed for a lot longer, I think, to receive that diagnosis.

But, again if it's only a few days, and you haven't had symptoms before (though it sounds like you have since you've seen a therapist), it could be something else. I have no idea. You might want to elaborate a bit more on the reasons you are not able to sleep so others might get a better idea. :slight_smile:

5. LegitRomance

It's actually been going on off and on for a few years now. It's just that this one's been the worst.
    A few weeks ago i was doing just fine,besides the constant sadness. It was only a few days ago when I woke up and tried to eat breakfast but I instantly got sick, then I just wasn't hungry for the day. And it's been repeating that for the past 4 days.

And honestly I don't know why I can't sleep.

6. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's been five days but I wouldn't feel right without checking up on you.

Are you doing okay? If you are still having trouble sleeping I would suggest some medication.

7. Michealleo

Apparently i've got some depression that's why u dont want to do anything . first of all u need to stay away from those things that bothered . And try to play some games and try to hang out with ur friends .

8. just b urself

Yea,it coudl be depression.depression is a very hard thing to cope with and some people can get over it fast,but others..it can take years and years and years with IF they get help..but hey ik u dont know me,but im here if u need to talk