1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I do turn out to be a trans(ftm) what should my hairstyle be?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by just b urself, Sep 8, 2011.

1. just b urself

So this has been bugging me alot..it has been bugging me every since i thought that i could be trans.I want everyone's opinion..what do u think my hairstyle should be like if i am trans(ftm)..please go look at my pics and then tell me what u think.this will really help.thanks.

2. maverick

Like a boy's?

Seriously though, you can wear your hair however you like. Long or short, emo or buzzcut, whatever. There is no "trans" haircut. There really isn't even "man" and "woman" hairstyles anymore. They've completely overlapped.

If you are pansexual and trans, you're genderfluid to the point that you can do whatever you want stylistically with your gender presentation. It's all good. You don't have to cut your hair, change your name, or dump your closet to be FtM.

Just be yourself.

3. just b urself

Thank you.i was just curious cuz i honestly dont think i would look good with a buzz cut nor would i want one.idk if id want to keep it the same cuz idk if i would look weird as a guy with my hair kept like this and i definetlly wouldnt have to change my closet..all i wear is guys clothes basically..i mean i wear girl skinny jeans but so do guys and i liek them but liek i said..idk if i shoudl change my hairstyle.i honestly think my head is to big for a shorter haircut but tht may be just me..my friend says i wouldn't.

4. maverick

Don't worry, you don't have to shave your head to get in the club. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There are plenty of guys with longer hair. But if you do leave your hair full-length, it will be harder for you to "pass" if that's what you're going for. Just because people immediately think long hair = girl, and if your face isn't particularly masculine (it isn't - you have an androgynous face) you're going to read as a girl.

5. just b urself

oh so u mean i have a girl/guys face?hmm then wat hair style shoudl i do?its only shoulder length.thats the longest i would let it

6. maverick

Because you're androgynous you can really go either way. I honestly think you'd look fine with a short haircut - your head doesn't look "too big" to me or anything. :lol: But your hair looks good shoulder-length too, it'll just make it harder for you to be read as a male if you leave it longer than a boy would typically wear it.

But actual bio-guys who keep their hair long have that problem too (being mistaken for women from a distance because of their hair).

7. just b urself

thank u very much.i mite get it cut.mite not.i just wouldnt know what hairstle to roll with.im nto good at this

8. GuardianKitten

Honest reccomendation. get a med length haircut.

Supershort haircuts emphasize feminine face shapes, long ones... well this I shouldn't have to explain

9. Olive

I've been wondering the same thing myself lately :/

It'll come with time, though.

10. ezkill

Hi justburself,

I looked at your picture on your profile, and I agree with maverick that you are androgynous so there shouldn't be much of a problem with whatever hairstyle you choose.

However if you want a more subjective opinion... I think you have a lot of boyish qualities in your face already, but you can still definitely see a touch of femininity. Take a look at the haircut maverick has on her avatar picture. If you aim for that haircut or similar, the banes (or is it bangs?) will cover some of the rounder features at the top of your head. The way your hair is long and sort of curls and is wavy, tends to accentuate your more soft, curvy feminine facial features. If you cut it a bit shorter, it will dull down this accent and create a more boyish look.

Anyways, whatever haircut you choose, you have the perfect face for it. I don't think you will have any problem!

11. just b urself

Thank you guys so [email protected] right.i wish i did have more boyish feautures but i am still pretty lucky cuz a lot of people that go trans(ftm)have really feminine feautures in their face so its harder to pull off for them..but i already wear guys clothes..have a deep voice for a girl..act like a guy..and everything..so u think i should get a haircut similiar to mavericks except a lil longer?

12. ezkill

just_b_urself:

I'm not saying you should get any particular haircut -- that is your choice. I just gave you a personal opinion of mine. I think if you cover your forehead a bit and cut your hair a bit shorter so it isn't as wavy, it will look a lot more boyish. Your face is a mix between feminine and masculine, which is perfect because you can pull off any look you want to. Maverick's hairstyle is a good starting point, but you shouldn't necessarily copy it... If you are Photoshop savvy, it may be worth your time to take a picture of yourself and play around with it a bit.

No matter what hairstyle you choose, you will still look good.

13. just b urself

thank you very much but it seems like my forehead is covered alot already so liek wat do u mean?oh and u mean go to photoshop and play around?

14. just b urself

ok im on photoshop right now..is it possible that u can change ur hair on it?