1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm skinny :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Andytx1, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Andytx1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just wondering if anyone was really skinny around the age of 18 ? I have fast metabolism and although I do go to the gym, I quickly lack motivation and stuff ... Is there any way I can be fit ... or will muscles naturally grow when I'm older? Thanks ^^

2. Marlowe

Everyone has different body types. I know a few guys who are rail thin no matter what they do. They have filled in a little over the past few years as they have lost the last traces of boyish slenderness. In general, I would say most people have to work to get muscles. Those with good natural musculature are the aberration rather than the norm, and beyond this, the models you see are either computer edited or spend their lives achieving their bodies... perhaps not the worthiest use of your life.

I have been trying to lose a bit of weight for a while. I eat healthy and exercise, but I can't seem to lose fat from my mid section. According to dad this is genetic and he had the same problem when he was young and in good shape as well. And it may be the same for you with muscle development.

I think the most important thing is that you can to be comfortable in the body you are in. If you are skinny now it is unlikely that when you gain muscle you will bulk up. In stead you probably will develop long thin muscle. Try your best to make it to the gym. There is no easy answer.

3. bwhopper

bwhopper Guest

i am really thin as well. dont fight it and enjoy how many people fight weight gain that you dont. accept your body type, get toned and take advantage of wnat you can wear that others cant get away with. i used to wear baggie stuff, now i wear tigher stuff and get lots of complements. one guy at the pool told me a long time ago that he couldnt believe that i didnt wear a speedo because i have the body fot it. he was right and now i do. even people who dont like them say it looks good on me because i have the thin body for it.

4. TheRoof

^ This.
    Honestly, if you have a high metabolism, it's going to be really hard to gain weight. Not impossible, but still it's quite difficult.
    I have precisely the same body type as you do, and after years of trying to gain weight and failing (not that I tried that hard though) I really embraced my uber-waifness. Skin tight skinny jeans, tight t-shirts, short shorts...etc etc and it looks real good too (not to sound pretentious or vain or anything lol) and I personally dig waif-look myself. plus there is a reason why fashion models are thin...it's because us thin people can pretty much wear anything (except baggy stuff) and still look quite chic. I suggest you check out fashion blogs and such and get inspirations for dressing. It's my favorite past time :lol: good one is TheSartorialist, if you want to check it out...also Style.com has men's fashion section, and Street Etiquette has really good tips/advice on fashion trends. Hope this helps.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, working out and eating more (of the right things) can really help. I've gone from 135 to 160 pounds in less than a year... I used to think that would be impossible lol... but because this I think people who say you can't gain weight are wrong lol.

The only way you can get fit is by going to the gym, obviously. Muscles will come in as you get older, I think, but not a ton if you don't use your muscles much (which most sedentary people do not).

Also, your problem might not be a fast metabolism if you don't eat a lot or don't eat right. I honestly don't eat a lot and didn't eat a ton before.... but by forcing myself to eat more it's helped... lol.