1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dec. 1st - World AIDS Day

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by beckyg, Dec 1, 2007.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Today is the day to remember those who have lost their lives to this dreaded disease and those who are struggling with it now. To learn more, go to:

http://www.worldaidsday.org/

Wear a red ribbon!

2. Ty

Ty Guest

I saw one of the World aids day stalls in my city center today.... i noticed it cause of the big rainbow banner behind it...i had to sneak looks though cause i was with my friends =/

3. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    OMG I had no idea. I so wanted to wear a red ribbon this year.

4. SpikySpice

My friend always wear a red ribbon >_>

But thanks Beckyfor letting us know:slight_smile: You have no idea how value that was

One of teh far-relative that I dont talk to much died because of Aids like some years ago, I couldnt attend his funeral

#4 SpikySpice, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  5. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i will remember the date now 1st decemeber beacuse its the day i started my 1st job!!!

6. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Can't understand why you had to "sneak looks". Do your mates associate AIDS with being gay? The biggest proportion of deaths connected with AIDS is among heterosexuals. You probably missed out on a chance to put your mates right....but then I may be barking up the wrong tree?

7. Kimi

Maybe but maybe not:slight_smile:

I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Becky...You are like...a walking dictionary, well gay friendly walking dictionary mom:slight_smile:

Oh, and I don't know if I can get a red ribbon here in Japan I really want to though...at least I don't know where to get it...

8. Ty

Ty Guest

No it was more because of the MASSIVE rainbow flag behind the stall, which is associated with being gay lol.

9. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wore a ribbon through the first and the day before. I have three gay teachers who were volunteering with a local AIDS groups, so I ended up heading into the city in order to show a bit of support. Wish I could have done more....

One thing that depresses me is that 99% of the people there were gay. Not that seeing loads of good-looking ladies depresses me, but it's sad that there still seems to be a fear that it's a gay disease and only gay people should be helping. Maybe one of these days...