1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more sport to reduce sweating ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by armisteadkunkel, Sep 25, 2011.

1. armisteadkunkel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i've recently moved to a hotter area and noticed i tend to sweat quite a lot, even in normal conditions and with no physical effort...
    i lived in a hot country last year and it was the same

i wondered if doing more physical activity could reduce this sweating ?

i stopped doing sports for a year now because of my studies, but i'll start again this fall
    for example, i plan to exercise like 5 hrs a week (i swim, and believe me, even if you don't notice it, it makes you sweat a lot)

is there a certain quantity of body water that has to be evacuated daily ?
    if done by practicing sport, and if you accustom your body to sweat more during intense physical activity, will it progressively reduce the sweating in normal conditions ?
    does it have anything to do with your body fat level ? do people with low body fat usually sweat less ? cause i'm thin actually

on the other hand, it's recommended to drink approximatively 1 liter of water during and after every session to compensate the loss of body water during exercise and avoid muscle cramps...

so, if anybody has any answer or scientific explanations, feel free to share !

2. UnAmourFatal

I think it's genetic & psychological.

Like, if you're nervous you start to sweat, you notice that you sweat, and the sweat even more, it's a vicious circle. That is, if it's psychological.

On the other hand, I think genetics play a huge part in it, everyone in my family is quite sporty, yet they sweat a lot. I do too, on PE lessons it doesn't matter if I just move a finger or run a mile, I sweat.

But sweating is natural & healthy, so..

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not walking around with sweatpatches all over me and smelling all 'manly', I use deodorants and stuff, but when it comes to exercise, I tend to be the first (and sometimes only) to get soaked in sweat... :grin:

3. KaraBulut

The human body has 4 ways to cool off- evaporation, radiation, conduction and convection. Sweat is evaporative cooling- when a liquid evaporates, it cools whatever object it is in contact with. So, when sweat dries, the skin underneath gets cooler.

Since you've moved to a warmer area, your body has not adapted to the heat. To compensate, your body is making sweat to take advantage of the cooling effect when the sweat evaporates.

While it's true that your body will adapt as you spend more time in this warmer area which will make you more tolerant of the heat, unfortunately you can't exercise to hasten that process.